Bodies upon the streets,
Their hands still reaching out,
Fear forever printed in their eyes,
Destruction their coffin.

We sit here and say 'oh how sad'.
But we will never know,
What it is to lose your life yet still live,
Their tears will never be rewarded.

To much fear to cry for their tears becoming yet another ocean of destruction ( changed line)

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is for the people suffering from the sunarmi
Last edited by Wulie on Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:50 am
faith says...

hmm, pretty good but the last line sounds kind of like one of those PA ads on TV like, 'dont become another statistic- don't drink and drive' hahaha

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:03 pm
Skye says...

It really brings home the sadness of it all, but you're right: we never will really know what it feels like unless we go through it ourselves. I agree with Faith; I don't like the last line either. The last two stanzas are my favorite, and in my opinion, the most moving.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:39 pm
nickelpickle says...

Even though you can't really understand what they went through without going through it yourself, you really captured the sadness. I agree with someone (dont remember who...srry) that the last line needs to sound more in tune with the poem, not so much like an ad.

Overall, very good

Nikki

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:31 pm
Incandescence says...

This isn't bad, but it didn't connect with me. The irony of you writing a poem about people dying and then saying "they will never understand" was obviously lost on you at the time. But really, don't dedicate your poems to thing. Don't get that mindset. You then restrict your creative talent, and I somehow I don't think that's what you were intending. Write with something in mind, but don't choose what it is, becaue you know you'll end up confining yourself to the boundaries of reality--something a writer should never do. Again, the poem wasn't bad, it just didn't have any pizzaz.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:34 pm
Chevy says...

the most fascinating thing about this poem was the title...thats what reall caught my eye. other than that, i basically agree with brad though--aka Incandescence.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:54 pm
Wulie says...

yeah but I'm saying whatever we say including me - we can never comprehend it.

Thank you for your comments.
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing