z

Young Writers Society

A Thought

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:13 pm
ehte92 says...

Spoiler! :
This an instant poem written while aboard the train. I was excessively bored so i wrote this piece.

Lend me your mind,
and I will write you a thought.
A thought so priceless,
that can never be bought.

It will change your life
as it changed mine.
It will make you harsh as wildlife
or caring and divine.

You just have to concentrate,
make it your only aim.
Now just watch and wait,
as you become master of the game.

You pave your own way.
Every evil in your path you slay.
You walk towards your goal.
In the end the thought may purify your soul.

Hope you guys like it... :smt003
Are you living for the things you are praying for?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:16 pm
322sivart says...

Very good! I really liked it, It was short, simple, and raw.
The fourth line in your first stanza should read "that it can never be bought".
Also, I'm not sure why you changed up your rhyme scheme at the end, but nevertheless this is great poetry!
Keep up the good work!
-Alex
Need reviews?
I'd be happy to give them.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76104.html

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 pm
PoeticGlow says...

This is a very nice poem! Ha, it's funny, how boredom tends to bring out the best in us writers!

I really liked the whole rhyme scheme you have going! The flow is good as well, nice and clear! I particularly enjoyed the 3rd stanza the most :)

Here's my only suggestion though:

"You pave your own way;
Every evil in your path you slay.
You walk towards your goal,
And in the end the thought may purify your soul."

Perhaps you should have added a semicolon on that 1st line? As well as the comma/"and" part, too? That's just my opinion, though! Modified or not, I like this poem!

Overall, good work!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:09 pm
92nida says...

How beautiful! I kinda rapped while i read it! I think you write wonderfully and just stick yo your style cuz..thats the way you express yourself and your the best at it!

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 am
telle_04 says...

ten minutes! that's cool.
i love the simplicity and the creativity in the poem. i also love the rhyme (i kinda missed rhyme because recently i'm writing free verse lyrics and poems). keep writing.
PM me for anything.

-telle.
You've got the key to my heart..but have you forgotten about a duplicate?
Sorry. I've already given it to someone else.

504 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 504
Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm
Kafkaescence says...

Ha. You give me a challenge, Ehte. Yes. This will require extreme reviewing ninja skills. However, nothing scares this user. Except llamas. But that's beside the point. So.

ehte92 wrote:Lend me your mind,
A thought so priceless, Perhaps there is another word that would sound better than "priceless."
that can never be bought. Well, that's what priceless means, so not too much power in this line.

It will change your life
as it changed mine.
It will make you harsh as wildlife I would not call a zebra harsh. Nor giraffes. Not even llamas, for that matter. No, I think it would be safe to say that wildlife is not "harsh." And it would also be safe to say that "wildlife" and "life" are not quite the best rhyme. When two words only end in the same suffix, such as "-life," it is not considered rhyming.
or caring and divine. Whoa. Big stretch there. Also, "caring" and "divine" are two completely different things. One can be caring but not divine, or the other way around.

You just have to concentrate, Meh. Cliched.
make it your only aim. Make what my only aim?
Now just watch and wait,
as you become master of the game.

You pave your own way.
Every evil in your path you slay. Longer line than the rest. Rhythm breaker.
You walk towards your goal.
In the end the thought may purify your soul. Again, long line. And I think this line could be worded more poetically. Also, all the lines in this stanza end in periods, like they're not related to each other at all.

There. I'm on to your next one.

-Kafka
#TNT

WRFF

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:08 am
cupcake says...

I love this poem. It is really good. I just had to tell you I liked it. Keep writing! :D
God gives us our relatives - thank God we can choose our friends.
- Ethel Watts Mumford

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
- Walter Winchell

“I’ll Surprise you, I promise”
-Adam Lambert

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 am
Butterfinger says...

Hello there! This is a great example of a poem that has a great story line and rhyming to it that it flows nicely and keeps the readers interest. I like this stanza:

Lend me your mind,
A thought so priceless,
that can never be bought

It's really quite interesting, the idea of planting or loaning a thought directly into another humans brain. Kind of terrifying actually! While it is an intriguing stanza, I think I'd rather keep my brain closed and my own thoughts untampered to be safe! Haha! I love the abstractness of the idea throughout and it was fun to read! Keep on chuggin!

-Butterfinger!
If you want to be a great writer, don't think about what you're going to write, just write it.

I'm a huge fan of writers block! When your brain halts, with no direction for where you should go, it gives you threads. All you have to do is pull and unravel the story you're meant to write.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun May 01, 2011 7:54 pm
Soulkana says...

Really loved it. Its true boredom brings out the best in us writers ^^. Keep up the good work and I can't wait for more!! Happy Review Day and best of wishes!!! I hope you write more soon. Happy Writing and may you receive many helpful reviews!!! Until laters...
Soulkana<3
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:46 pm
HelloKitty87 says...

Ok this poem deserves another like, its brilliant I like it alot.. just so you know I dont really check for grammar mistakes.. maybe just the spelling though, but all of it seems to be ok so you're off the hook lol.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:12 am
TinyDancer says...

This is beautiful in and of itself. It needs no other words of accolade, praise, or applause to convince the reader of its beauty. I read it four times before writing this review, each time thinking of words to say, then erasing them because they didn't seem to fit. You challenge the rest of us to remember what good writing truly is. I pray you never lose that quality! Thank you for the insight provided and the emotions evoked through this work of art. I love it!
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

“The circus arrives without warning.
No announcements precede it.
It is simply there,
When yesterday it was not.”

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman