z

Young Writers Society

deleted

Reviews: 3
Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:53 am
Lingering_Shadow says...

deleted
Last edited by Lingering_Shadow on Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:41 am
Elelel says...

Hey! I read that in your signature earlier! It seemed ... deep it could relate to it, although it's probably not for the same reason that inspired it.

It seems a little forced in the middle, but that's the bit you took out for you sig. isn't it? Overall I liked it, I'm not the best poetry editor, stories are more my field, so I'll come back and try to edit it proply when it's not so late here.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:38 pm
Chevy says...

But rather see the scars,
For they're stained with my life.

In my opinion, you should take out the "But." It isn't really needed. Also, stained with my life? Hm, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. However, perhaps you could change it to in my life or on my life. Either way, I suggest it'd be clarified. Also, yes, "screams" is slightly cliche. Perhaps you could go with "cries."
Other than that, it was a slightly above average poem. Gave me an interesting feeling. Not really my style, but I guess I could say I liked it.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Reviews: 3
Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:59 pm
Lingering_Shadow says...

Thank you. 'Cries' is a good suggestion. And actually it is with my life. Since the poem is referring to actual physical cuts I'm saying that each cut is 'stained' with a part of my life. Make sense?

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:16 pm
Chevy says...

Um, okay. I guess I get it now.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:47 am
Elelel says...

Why did you delete it? I came back, when it wasn't so late to edit it, and it's gone!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics