z

Young Writers Society

Secrets

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:03 pm
JasperSkye says...

I am aware that this poem doesn't exactly have structure and isn't very detailed or anything. I just sort of wrote it late last night and thought I should share my experience with suicide with...everyone. It is like a scar that just won't go away. I can't change the past, therefore I cannot change the fact that Yes, I once was suicidal. I didn't want to go into the details of all the things I did when I was suicidal because I'm sure people would either 1. Report me or 2. It would bother some people and I would get a bad reputation. So for everyone's sake...I left out certain details but the main story is there.
I have something to say
A secret to share
Please listen, my friend
Show that you care

I cry and scream
Dropping the knife to the floor
All I wanted was to end my life
I wanted nothing more

The pain felt so good
So bittersweet
I curled up in my blanket
And blood stained sheet

I couldn't do it
Couldn't say goodbye
I ignored the facts
And left with a sigh

Words do hurt
And they do kill
Please watch what you say
I hope you will...

...So yeah, that was my poem. I'm pretty much just trying to remind people that you should really be careful what you say to some people. They, often times, take it seriously and punish themselves because of it. For me, it was all the rumors and everything that people would say about me. It really got to me and I couldn't control my urges to just plunge a knife in my chest or swallow a handful of pills. Thank God I had someone there to help me through all of it. But a lot of people don't have anyone to go to and in the end, many people do commit suicide. Just be careful you guys. And to the people that have every felt this way...No matter how hard things get, it will always get better.
..::JASPERSKYE::..

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 pm
Elena_Ravenhill says...

It doesn't matter of the structure; it has a meaning and an image to it.
So far it has a rhyme and a beat, it flows like silk.
I love it. Hopefully, that no one has to go through something like this.
Hopefully you don’t do this again but such pain does hurt, but it doesn’t hurt to talk to someone.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

Twelfth Night - William Shakespeare

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:48 pm
JosephBohnenberger says...

Because this story meant so much to you it made it even better, most people in these days right poems just for the entertainment but personally I like Poems that mean something to the writer. You did a great job! Keep writing about stuff that means something to you because it shows in your work. I will pray for you, keep up the writing.
Sleep Walk-Bohnenberger

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:00 pm
dogs says...

Hey man! Dogs here, i would just like to say that your poem has a great message that everyone should listen to. Also don't even worry about structure or rhyming scheme, like 90% of all the poems i really write don't even have a structure at all. Without a set structure it provides unpredictability and non-conformity which i think is awesome! Oh and like the post above me, this rhymes and flows so well and i'm a huge fan of short poems. This is short, sweet, to the point, doesn't drag it out, but tells you enough to leave an impact. Great Poem man! Keep up the Good work!

TuckEr EllsworTh
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:38 am
craz33me says...

I agree with everyone. It sent a very strong message and I think that it was well done. You're an amazing writer even when it was late at night, but hey- That's when I get most of my inspiration. Maybe, that's when you do too.

Anyways,
I have nothing but compliments for this poem.

Sincerely,
Ciara<3
"Love is a lot like playing the piano, at first you play by the rules, but eventually you begin to play by the heart."

Follow me on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/craz33me
Skype me! Geek33pikachu

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:00 pm
murtuza says...

This poem is so rhythmic and charming. I've read a lot of poems on suicide and I'm quite surprised that there are so many people who write about it. Suicide shouldn't ever be an option.

The poem does leave me feeling sympathetic to the persona (which was you, I believe) and I could really feel the pain and torment you were trying to portray. the imagery has been so wonderfully described that it just lures me into the poem. It's short and not tedious to the mind so it's quite understandable and meaningful for everyone who reads it. The last stanza is my favourite!

Keep the ink flowing and I'm glad you pulled through. I bet you're enjoying life like a chocolate cake now!
Take care and I hope to read more from you.

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope