z

Young Writers Society

Love is Lost ...

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:22 pm
Lornydoo says...

Hello everyone ,
Today I have written a poem about my best friends slow depression and heartbreak.
A Sad story which has left her depressed for life.
All Reviews accepted thanks!
Lorna
Xxx

Your love was worth the sun and the moon ,
I hoped that you would kiss me soon ,

But when I looked into your eyes,
They seemed to take me by surprise ,

You slowly turned so very dark,
You broke my heart and left a mark,

A scar was left where my heart should be,
I hate the scars I want to feel free,

But now I'm trapped in eternal depression,
Over your constant aggression,

Stuck in your deep dark nightmare,
Lost without you there ,

I feel worthless and cold,
Doubtful , alone and old,

Now all I need is a brand new start,
To slowly mend my broken heart,

I will never be the same again ....
Last edited by Lornydoo on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 pm
View Likes
Seraph says...

Wow! I enjoyed this poem very much! You, however, went off of the rhyming scheme at the end though. If you did it on purpose, it's okay, I do that too! But wow... The heartbreak that this poem shows us... It's truly moving. This poem is truly a work from the heart. Very nice! Keep writing! And, if I may ask, what inspired you to write this? (Thanks for sharing your awesome poem with us!)
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:32 pm
View Likes
qaralynn says...

Hey lorna!
Great write! Totally loved it =) Great job on the rhyme and the words and imagery.
Thanks for sharing and hopefully your friend will feel better soon. Will pray for her <3
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:18 pm
View Likes
TheLonelyBones says...

Very good job Lorna, I found this poem truely moving and you have capture the essence of your friends heartbreak superbly! Unfortunate for your friend to go through such pain though :/ keep up the good work anyway!
LonelyBones

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Hey lornydoo :3 This is a really great poem, and I love how you took from life. The imagery was awesome, and I could picture this all in my head. The best parts were the first and last thirds. The middle... lacked. But that's okay, because you can always make it better ;). I think what you need to work on is moving this poem away from the cliche emo/goth sob poem because I don't want it to be that, this poem made me sad, and I hope your friend feels better soon, whatever this idiot did isn't worth it <3. My favourite part has to be this;
Your love was worth the sun and moon,
I hoped that you would kiss me soon.

It's just so sweet and magical, ironic to the heartbreak.
So, onto the critiques.
1) You change tenses in the second stanza, everything else is past and then this one is present. You should change 'look' to 'looked' and 'seem' to 'seemed'.
2) In the third stanza you say it left a mark, but I think if you were truly heart broken there'd be more than a faint mark, there'd be rips and cuts and bruises and scratches! See if you can reword this a little :).
3)Fourth stanza - ah :/ this is the kind of cliche I meant, I know that your friend is depressed, and that's bad, but isn't there a way you could describe that a little more subtly, but still conveying that pain and sadness?
4) Oh Lornydoo! I think you can find a much better word than nasty in the fith stanza. c:
5) Fith stanza again; the phrase "without you always there" is a bit confusing O.o maybe cut the always.
6) The sixth stanza's second line is slightly disconnected. I'm not sure how though T-T. I think changing 'lonely' to 'alone' would sound much better :P.

Overall this is an amazing poem, you really conveyed the emotion of heartbreak :D *likes*

Keep up the writing,

~Tinkem
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm
View Likes
sharitm2 says...

Hi,
Great poem! I absolutely love depressing poetry about love and life in general and this poem really enchanted me (:
One thing was that you fell of track with the rhyme scheme at the end, but you may have done that on purpose, which is cool. You did a good job conveying the emotions in this poem. Keep writing!
~Sharitm2
The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 pm
sharitm2 says...

Hi,
Great poem! I absolutely love depressing poetry about love and life in general and this poem really enchanted me (:
One thing was that you fell of track with the rhyme scheme at the end, but you may have done that on purpose, which is cool. You did a good job conveying the emotions in this poem. Keep writing!
~Sharitm2
The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:41 am
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

XD Hey Lornydoo,

This poem was in three words, very very good! The first line for example was Awesome!
"I loved more than sun and moon,
I hoped that you would kiss me soon
" Simply ethereal and perfectly capturing, I loved it XD
The rest of the poem was fine, nice, clear, and precise. I understood exactly where you were coming from though I felt that a few of your rhymes did not stun as much as they could have, this poem has potential for power, for effect, do not be afraid to bring it there ;)

Unfortunately I'm not nearly clever enough to think of any specific constructive criticism for you other than keep at it ;)

Oh, and congratulations on being featured! XD XD XD

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:04 am
View Likes
davantageous says...

Your love was worth the sun and the moon ,
nice intro

I hoped that you would kiss me soon ,

But when I looked into your eyes,
peering into the soul

They seemed to take me by surprise ,

You slowly turned so very dark,
You broke my heart and left a mark,

A scar was left where my heart should be,
I hate the scars I want to feel free,
great tone

But now I'm trapped in eternal depression,
Over your constant aggression,
nice rhyming

Stuck in your deep dark nightmare,
Lost without you there ,

I feel worthless and cold,
Doubtful , alone and old,
love the emotions and fierceness

Now all I need is a brand new start,
To slowly mend my broken heart,

I will never be the same again ....

10 out of 10
Davantageous

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 am
View Likes
forgetmeknot says...

well, I'm goin through the same thing,and I hope for the sake of her, and me, we don't fall away as friends...as for the writting aspect of it, I think you did an exclent job with communicating the cuases and effects of your situation. I completely lost myself in your poem, and I defietly want to see more fom you :).

The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
— Helen Keller