If you still do not believe me,
If you still say it's not true,
Then at least I'll have the soft spot,
That I kept just for you.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:48 pm
Gg127 says...

wow that is a really beautiful poem. you could use different words to make it sound more sophisticated. but otherwise, i think it awesome! You are going to be a really great poet! keep it up :)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:09 pm
missunderstood says...

Loving, yet slightly depressing. Its a wonderful poem though. Great job! :)
"You can be a king or a street-sweeper, but everybody dances with the grim reaper." -Robert Harris

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:48 pm
AmeliaCogin says...

Hi, I'm Amelia, and I'll be reviewing for you today!

So, here's what I thought: this was sweet. It had an air of beauty and innocence. It made my heart swell and all that...but I didn't get any spark from it. In my mind, poetry should be emotive and powerful, with a grip of nostalgia, which packs a punch.
I think, with poetry, that it shouldn't be so obvious...if anything, it should be a little bit ambiguous. if it leaves an element of mystery, it really adds to the effectiveness of the poem. It should make the reader think deeply, philosophically about the issues involved.
That is my idea of fantastic poetry...all I'm saying is that if you're striving to create more emotive poetry, you need to quit with the plushy candy stuff, and grip your reader with beautiful, sorrowful prose. But hey, if that's your thing, and you enjoy doing cuddly, soft poetry, then it's still great! I did like your poem, be assured of that!

Have a great day

Amelia

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 pm
Gg127 says...

Thank you for your review! i'm working on adding some sorrowful lines to add an element of mystery...perhaps a story that the reader has to imagine. That was very helpful.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:25 am
PollarBear14 says...

Hey. This is quite a nice feel-good poem. I like the simplicity of the language and the emotion in the words. But to be honest it was a bit boring........ until the last two lines because I thought they were a nice touch. Don't be disheartened by this review because it was nice just a not unique enough. Thanks.

See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney