death in my veins

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:06 pm
Mikko says...

Let me out for I am locked
in the hell-like dungeon of your soul,
screaming out only but the gasps of air
trapped in the bubbles of my own despair.

Love, I lost a thousand suns ago,
and I cry many void tears
in the darkness of your kisses, lost;
none will find the true value they cost.

Here now lies a heart of boulder
that was once a land of colours - splendid -
but Love hath left it to erode
abandoned, forgotten like a hidden code.

Let me out for I cannot breathe,
asphixiated by air itself.
I feel the blood course through my veins
but 'tis your life in my veins.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 pm
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

Omg! This is so lovely! I especially loved the second stanza about how you lost your love a thousand suns ago. Gave it an eternal feel, and a fine poem you have. You are very skilled at what you do. Be proud!!! You have done an awesome job in my opinion. Congratulations!!!
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:06 pm
View Likes
dogs says...

Hey Mikko! Dogs here! I really loved this piece! It flowed really well and i love your boulder eroding analogy. Everything here is soooo great! It's short, it's to the point, it dosn't drag on, it gets your message across, it has a profound effect on the reader, it flows perfectly, it sound frekan amazing, and it's an unique topic! I only really have one tiny nit pick and it could really go either way.

I really love your boulder eroding analogy but i don't like the word boulder lol. I suggest that maybe, instead, you replace it with "rock" or you could look on a Thesaurus and find a better synonym to boulder or rock. Apart from that i loved this piece! Props to you! Keep up the good work!!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:09 pm
View Likes
creativityrules says...

Hey Mikko! Rose here!

Overall, this is an awesome poem (but then, pretty much all of yours are, so that's not surprising). It seems slightly different than the stuff you normally do, but then, it just might be. And if isn't just me, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because you've done this very well.

This is definitely my favorite paragraph. It seems very lonely but still has a charm about it, and I like that. My favorite part is the first line. I don't know if you've ever listened to a band called Thirty Seconds to Mars, but they wrote a song called "100 Suns." It's one of my favorite songs of theirs and I was reminded of it when I read this. Great job!

Let me out for I cannot breathe,

The first line of this seems just a bit flat to me compared to the awesomeness of the rest of this. Again, it could just be me, but it's my opinion.

The only errors I saw with this had to deal with punctuation, namely commas. I was missing them in some places; I feel like adding them would've made this piece cleaner.

Let me out, for I cannot breathe,

See?

Awesome work, as always! I can't wait to read what you come up with next!

Always keep writing!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:10 pm
View Likes
chezka199 says...

Hi there! I absolutely love this poem! I think that it covers a difficult topic perfectly. A lost love... Trying to find yourself... Understand and share how it feels... It's lovely! I like the different vocabulary you used in this poem and I don't there is much to fix! The only thing I would suggest is going through and seeing where you could add commas to help it flow a bit better. I looked through and added some, feel free to keep what you have though!(:

Mikko wrote:Let me out, for I am locked
in the hell-like dungeon of your soul, I love this line!!!
screaming out only, but the gasps of air
are trapped in the bubbles of my own despair.

Here now lies a heart of boulder
that was once a land of colours - splendid -
but Love hath left it to erode
abandoned, forgotten, like a hidden code.

Let me out, for I cannot breathe,

Keep Writing!
Chezka(:
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone
whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into
mutual weirdness—and call it love—true love.”
― Robert Fulghum ^_^

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 pm
View Likes
anna91423 says...

This is so beautiful! I loved the rhyme scheme and the old fachioned language and the unusual vocabulary you use is just stunning... I am officially a fan XD
"Books are the ultimate dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they will always love you back." John Green

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." Stephen Chbosky

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 pm
View Likes
earendil says...

Hiya Mikko, long time no see.
Alright, what do we have here... hmm.

This poem comes of as pretty self explanatory. The speaker is infected by a tragic loss of love which "courses through [his/her] veins," suffocating the heart and the speaker's ability to carry on happily. Maybe there was some underlying meaning that I missed, but that's pretty much what I got out of it.

Though you may have had a few decent words in this piece that helped establish the overall emotion, I think you struggled most with setting the tone. Take the first stanza, for example.

Mikko wrote:Let me out for I am locked
screaming out only but the gasps of air
trapped in the bubbles of my own despair.

The first three lines sound agonizing, weary from not being able to breathe. Then we move to line four and... wait... bubbles? Your despair is trapped within bubbles? Heh. In general I think bubbles carry a more playful connotation, so when you're trying to emphasize the struggle of the speaker, "bubbles" just ends up being an obstacle. There were other areas in the poem where your words could have been chosen more wisely, but I'll leave the choice of looking through to find them up to you, because this is your work, and I don't want to change it for you. :) That's not my place.

Overall I liked the poem. It's a bit cliche for my taste but that didn't really get in the way of taking the time to read and enjoying it. Don't be afraid to expand on your feelings a bit... though the rhyme/rhythm of the piece is good, I think you'd be just fine if you kept running with some of those stanzas and let them tell a bit more of their own story. If that makes sense. :P Nice write, and thank you for sharing.

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Mikko!

This is a fine poem, brilliantly narrated with the anguish of a trapped lover. The last stanza is pure gold. The descriptions are really vivid and that brutal yet factual style comes into light through the lines.

Mikko wrote:Let me out for I am locked
screaming out only but the gasps of air - This line has been well delivered but it's too cramped. Cut out the 'but the'. :)
trapped in the bubbles of my own despair. - This line, I feel needs to be a little altered. 'bubbles' and 'despair' don't quite compliment each other. 'Bubbles' looks out of place here because it sounds a little childish. Though I do understand what you are getting at. Just try changing this word

The rest of the poem is really good. And you've shown nice flair through it all. This is not your best according to me, but you definitely getting there :D

Thanks for sharing this piece. I enjoyed reading every line. As I always say, keep the ink flowing!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare