floating and free.

Creating my own path,

ever so gracefully.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:56 pm
View Likes
DarknecrosisX says...

Strong words, and a nice flow to go with it. Very well done. I liked your use of interesting words eg. Sporadically, Promiscuous etc.

I did enjoy this, but if I were you, I'd put the lines into verses rather than paraphrasing each line, it can get a little confusing otherwise. But apart from that fantastic! Sorry for the very short review.

DNX :J
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:57 pm
dogs says...

Hey Alice! Can i call you that? Cause it's close enough to your screen name lol. Anyways... Dogs here for your review. I really liked this piece, you made it flow really well when you threw in the rhyming. It has a lot of strong, imaginative words that create a strong picture in the readers head and the message you are trying to get across you portray it well. However, I think this poem is missing something... a little more UMPH. A little more PIZZAZ, you need to throw in some jazz hand!!! "ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHINNEEEEE" (billy elliot) sorry bad musical analogies.This poem is good, don't get me wrong, but i've read so many things just like it and it's like i can predict what is going to happen which takes the entire thrill out of reading it. Also i was confused on this line

"when i fell from a Grackle"

... whatttt? A grackle is a bird.... unless there is some context that i'm missing here i am thoroughly confused, this line doesn't really make sense. Sorry to say.

Also, when you do have plenty of great imaginative words you need more! I would suggest you take some of the common words you use and look them up in a thesauruses. Then choose a different word from the list, it has a stronger effect on the reader if you increase your vocab. Anyways thats all i have to say, Keep up the good work!!!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:37 pm
xxAL1C1ABR0xx says...

Yes, you can call me that(: lol
Thank you for your review, I knew it was missing something and I need help with it!
What I meant from "When I feel from a grackle" is I am a feather kind of just floating in the wind, not really knowing where life is going to take me and never really knowing what to do. The reason I chose the grackle is because it means "recovering from an emotional experience" and I've had a pretty hard childhood and I'm just trying to fix my life and in that I'm trying to figure out what life really has in store for me.

Hope that cleared things up(:

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster