the wiles of love

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 pm
Mikko says...

what a fool am I for busying myself
when I could be indulging in idle day-dreaming,
letting the sun’s whiskers tickle my naked arms,
allowing its paws to carry me onto Alice’s land.

what a fool am I for the fervor I feel
as your heart marauds about me like some feral fox
ready to leap onto mine; but naïve I am not,
for before you came my way, my beloved,
I saw into your wile.
Last edited by Mikko on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm
View Likes
live1out2loud7 says...

I really like this poem. It has a nice flow and it sounds nice. I am confused as to the meaning of it. In the beginning it sounds like someone regretting not having more fun in life, but then it moves on to talking about love. I might just not be getting it. It sounds really good and is written really well!
Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now. So does avoiding homework and creeping around YWS!

Want a poem reviewed?
viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96651

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm
live1out2loud7 says...

I really like this poem. It has a nice flow and it sounds nice. I am confused as to the meaning of it. In the beginning it sounds like someone regretting not having more fun in life, but then it moves on to talking about love. I might just not be getting it. It sounds really good and is written really well!
Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now. So does avoiding homework and creeping around YWS!

Want a poem reviewed?
viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96651

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 am
View Likes
shiney1 says...

Hey Mikko :)

Very interesting poem you have here. The ending made me smile, for isn't that kind of love great? This is an uplifting and calming poem, and you had some great imagery in there. At times, though, it was a little difficult to follow, and I think the punctuation contributed to that. You probably intended to leave out the normal punctuation for style, but that made following the poem's rhythm a bit hard for me.

What a fool am I for busying myself That lowercase "w" was intentional, wasn't it? ;)
when I could be indulging in idle day-dreaming,
letting the sun’s whiskers tickle my naked arms,
allowing its paws to carry me onto Alice’s land? This whole line is being read like a question do to its beginning, "What." That is why it is confusing for the reader when this very long sentence ends in a period.

What a fool am I for the fervor I feel
as your heart marauds about me like some feral fox
ready to leap onto mine; but naïve I am not, A pause is desperately needed here to maintain some flow.
for before you came my way, my beloved,
I saw into your wile.

So there were flow issues and some punctuation issues, but overall, very nice poem.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare