The chains on pearly white
are gone, poof, disappear,
allow my teeth to take flight,

The orthodontist did right,
make the pearl squares adhere,
to metal wires so tight.

Glove-clad hands fight
into my mouth through the fear,
unwinding chains like the string of a kite.

My mood is dark like night,
as they tell me the end is near,
my disbelief turned spite.

But lo and behold, the light,
removing my traintrack's rear,
setting my teeth right.

My liberated teeth fight,
just trying to see or hear,
emerging oh so bright
to take on the world's might.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 am
dogs says...

Oh I have experienced that feeling before! I laughed at this poem. such a great topic! Hey painting, dogs here with your review today. I really loved this piece which is why I awarded it a "like". It flowed well and it was really funny and rather liberating lol. Because this is more of a comedic piece I really don't know how to critique it because I really don't know anything about them sorry to say. But I liked this piece, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:28 pm
Niebla says...

I don't have much of a review for you as I really can't find much wrong with this at all - but I really wanted to tell you how much I like it! As a poem, it flows well and makes your point really clear, and the topic is unique and the poem is just very quirky and individual.

I love the dramatic yet completely true way you've described everything in this poem. Keep writing - I'd love to read more. ;)

~MorningMist~

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

Hey there (: I see nothing wrong with this at all! So it needn't much reviewing, I will say that this was certainly an interesting topic to write on for poetry, and a risky one at that. But you did a lovely job and it came out much nicer than I think anyone may have previously expected, I could almost smell those scented gloves that the orthodontist's have, feel the rubber of it on my teeth. I hated braces, and they certainly were relieving to finally have removed. Well done, keep writing!
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek