z

Young Writers Society

Trixie

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:51 pm
ZombieSquirrel says...

Spoiler! :
Please be honest with your feed back, I really like this Song, It has alot of meaning to me...But please tell me what you think ^.^

My gas mask brother is turning away,
I am sinking into nightmares again.
The dead pull my shell away
Left naked in the cold fire,
Burns torn open with rain.

Red Maggots digging pins from my flesh,
And scissors snip in the background.
This is the sound of one hand clapping.
The sound of tears gently falling...

You can staple me but I don't care,
You can hate me but I won't hurt,
Because you're just ash and dust,
And your scattered across the back roads of my life.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 pm
View Likes
BrokenSkye says...

Okay first thing I would like to say is that I loved your last stanza! It was beautifully written! First stanza was okay. It took me a second to find a beat that I thought would go with it (I was thinking something like Skillet's My Obsession) but the only real comment I have for it is the last two lines. You said "
Left naked in the cold fire,
Burns torn open with rain.
I think that it should say "I'm left naked in the cold-end fire" and "Burns torn open with the rain" But that is truly all up to you. Also as for the middle stanza, the first line caught me a few times but after a while I got the beat and thought of it as awesome! I really loved this song though. Just awesome.
Spoiler! :
[user][user][/user][/user]
If you love something let it go, if it comes back, it's your's.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:18 pm
View Likes
crazedasian1 says...

First off, this was purely amazing. The emotion drips from your words and the imagery really captivated me. Wonderful job!

The only advice I could offer is for this stanza,instead of "you can staple me but I don't care.." use "I won't" so it flows with the next line better.

You can staple me but I don't care,
And your scattered across the back roads of my life.[/quote]

Again, wonderful work and keep on writing!!
We can aspire to anything, but we don't get it just 'cause we want it.' I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
-Eli Attie

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

Hey there Zombie! Insanity here with your review (:
ZombieSquirrel wrote:My gas mask brother is turning away,
I am sinking into nightmares again.
The dead pull my shell away

I'm not so sure I really liked that you rhymed 'away' with 'away'. It doesn't really flow very well and is a bit repetitive.
I must also say that you should add more description to 'slipping into nightmares again'. maybe something like 'dragging me into nightmares again' or 'I slip into the darkness of nightmares again'. I don't know, I'm not exactly a top notch writer so you might not want to follow my suggestions haha
ZombieSquirrel wrote:You can staple me but I don't care,
And your scattered across the back roads of my life.

"You can staple me but I don't care" is kind of awkwardly worded and doesn't make much sense. Consider revising.
I hope my suggestions helped! Regardless of a few awkward spots here and there, I love the piece as a whole and there's only one more thing left to mention, the section "Lyric Poetry" is for lyrical or emotional poems, not actual song lyrics, there is another section for that.
Keep writing!
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:41 am
TinyDancer says...

Ah! I can't find the "like" button. Usually, when I don't have any constructive criticism, I will like something and leave it there. That's what I was going to do but since I can't seem to find the Like button, I will do a real review.

First, how have you been? Haha! Second, how come you're such an amazing writer? As I said before, I can't find anything terribly wrong with this piece, and I congratulate you on your work as well as your ability to always hit just the right notes with your readers. Well, for me anyway :) This had so much emotion behind it. Your poem here had a very personal note in it with the last line. It's crazy, I know that feeling you describe. My goodness, you just "get it." The only tiny thing I have is this: "your" in the last line should be "you're." Please, please never stop writing. You're an inspiration! haha ;)

~Jess
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

“The circus arrives without warning.
No announcements precede it.
It is simply there,
When yesterday it was not.”

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight