You mean to me.

Every moment in your green eyes,
Stretched into a lifetime far too short,
The touch of your hands, your lips,
A feeling to which none can compare.

Memories of you, of me, of us,
That I try so desperately to preserve,
Locked up in a treasure chest of love,
Glimmering reminiscences always cherished.

For time will not stop for us,
As seconds fly by swiftly,
But, in your arms, my love,
I have my perfect piece of forever.
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:27 pm
creativityrules says...

Hello there, Flute! Rose here to review!

Overall, this is a cute poem. Love is always good to write about because, well, it's love, and everyone's interested in it. The downside of love being such a great subject is that everyone writes about it. I know I've written quite a few pieces about love, and I know a lot of other writers who also have. Therefore, the challenge one often comes across when writing about love is how to make it unique than anything else that's been written.

Three words that mean so much,
yet never enough
to convey just how much
you mean to me.

This is very sweet, but I've read things like this before. The most unique part of it is the second word of the third line. It's a vibrant, unique word that I don't come across all of the time; therefore, it's memorable.

Other than issues with capitalization and punctuation (I put the mistakes I discovered in the first stanza in bold and corrected them), this is a decent poem. If it would've been slightly more unique, it could've been amazing.

Remember, if you disagree with my opinions, feel free to disregard them. Your opinion of your work is what matters most at the end of the day!

Always keep writing!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:59 pm
Confused.pirate says...

I really enjoyed this. It's beautiful, poignant, and delivers an adorable message clearly right away. Sure, this type of subject has been covered before, but I think you made it your own with specific details and description.

I'm sooo happy you didn't use a rhyme scheme...that would have made it super cheesy. So props to that! ^_^

The only line that kind of stopped me and interrupted the flow of the piece was this:

Glimmering reminiscences always cherished.

It just seems like there's too many syllables with the words "glimmering reminiscences." Maybe the word "memories" can fill it and make it flow a little more nicely.

Overall, well done :) That one line is my only small nit-pick about the piece. Great job! Keep writing!

<3 Sara.
"The differences in life are what create the challenges which open the door to discovery."

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time