I have my heart for you.
I trust you above all.
No more will I be blue.
Don't let me fall.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:10 am
Nate says...

I thought this was pretty good. However, you might consider changing "have" in the fifth line to "hold" and rearranging the seventh line to "No more blue I will be" to give it a more poetic tilt to it.

Overall, you have a good rhythym going here that stays fairly consistent throughout and the rhyming itself seems natural. Very nice job.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:47 am
bubblewrapped says...

I really enjoyed this poem - my only major criticism is that its too short! LOL But the ending is well done, very sharp and pointed - kind of like a lance hehe.

"These are my feelings.
That is my answer.
Please no harsh dealings.
Don't spear like a lancer."

I like the first two lines of this stanza - they are confusing, but intentionally so, and I like the way you get straight to the point (God, sorry, I dont know where all these puns are coming from). The third and forth lines feel a bit contrived though...I particularly didnt like lancer, it just didnt seem to fit, although I understand how needing a rhyme can make a poet desperate LOL. I'd change those two though - keep the ideas, just the words dont work.

"I have my heart for you.
I trust you above all.
No more will I be blue.
Don't let me fall."

I agree with Nate, "have" should be "hold" - it makes more sense. Other than that, I really like this stanza though. Particularly the end, as I already pointed out (ack, there I go again). I like the whole sentiment behind the poem, I can really relate to going out on a limb so to speak and hoping someone will hold you up...Good job. :D
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:52 pm
InnerTurmoil says...

Thanks guys I was thinking the same but just couldnt get it!!

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:58 pm
Skye says...

Same thing everyone above me already said, and my congrats on writing a great poem! :wink:
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:11 am
Chevy says...

Hmm...interesting poem....however, I think the following should be changed:

"No more will I be blue."

to

"No longer I'll be blue."
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield