z

Young Writers Society

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 am
fight4whatisright says...

Last edited by fight4whatisright on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:48 am
Rosendorn says...

That sounds really interesting! Good luck writing it and meeting your deadline. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:23 pm
Tenyo says...

First, you might want to refer to this post about the difference between a synopsis, summary and blurb. It might help you write it better if you're not trying to smush all three into one ;]

You're gonna need a lot of points >.< It might be worth finding someone who already has a lot of chapters on yws and then offering to review their work on a one-for-one basis. That way you'll be helping someone else, getting reviews, and earning points for your next chapter.

Reviewing novels

It can be really hard to get people to review your later chapters, since most like to review short stories and poetry. Your best bet is to get as many up as you can before the next review day- that's when people mass review, which is the most likely time to get someone to read through many of your chapters at once.

Making the most of reviews

Editing each chapter as it's reviewed can mean that you spend a lot of time waiting for feedback. To make the most out of a review you can make a note of things people say about your general style and apply them throughout your novel while waiting on the next chapter.

Like if someone says you have a lot of repitition, then you take that on board and start fine-combing your later chapters for repitition before you post it up.

The Last Man Standing

Okay, so, there is a contest going on right now called The Last Man Standing, where everybody posts a chapter per week. It already started a few weeks ago so you can't enter as a proper contestant, but you can enter as an unofficial one. There are other novelists you could exchange reviews with, and I'll add you to my list of 'people to yell at if they don't meet their weekly target.'

The aim of the LMS is to support eachother in keeping a project going. PM me if you're interested.

Other than that-

I wish you luck! Eleven weeks to do thirty four chapters is quite a feat.
We were born to be amazing.

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta