z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 am
lostthought says...

Just you Tulip. Is it only that forum? @GreenTulip
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 am
GreenTulip says...

It's a lot of the forums. Many of them don't fully show up or forums with a lot of pages won't load fully.

But yes only the forums.

Like this forum, I can only see this page. my post about the forum issues and this....
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 am
dreamingofwonderland says...

Hi!
I am having an issue with publishing my works. I am on a Dell computer with Windows 7. I am using Google Chrome version 34.0.1847.116 (the newest one) and have also tried Internet Explorer.
When I try to publish something I upload it because I wrote it in a Microsoft Word document. I successfully uploaded something the day before yesterday, and when I went to update it, the upload would not work.
I would press the load button and all of the text that was previously there disappeared. I know that is probably supposed to happen, so I previewed it, but nothing was there. I tried to upload my story again and something like this:
Spoiler! :
yws.png
yws.png (8.32 KiB) Viewed 313 times

happened. The upload bar was cut off. I don't know if this is just my account, but I have tried multiple browsers and I also tried to upload it on my sister's computer. They all do the same thing.
Is this a bug or is there some way I can fix it?
Thank you so much!
~Alice~

We're all mad here

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:05 am
QueenOfWords says...

I'm having trouble with the chatbar to. I'm using the same browser, version, and operating system as DragonLily.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:26 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Nate, the chatroom is being silly and ignoring all your hard work and apparently won't let anyone in. Not even me, who's secretly you, remember? (Good times)

Just in case you weren't aware. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:43 am
View Likes
Lava says...

What Iggy said. Tried diff browsers, and clearing cache.
Authentication failed is what appears.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:01 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks for letting me know @Iggy and @Lava! Chat should be working now.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:21 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Achieved in less than one hour. You, sir, are amazing.
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:47 am
Iggy says...

Nate, it's me again. xD

Is there a bug in the alltime leadership boards? Because it's counting wrong reviews. For instance, it has me above PenguinAttack, even though she has more reviews than I do. Same with Deanie being above Rosey, who has about 100 more reviews than she does.

It's nothing major; just bothersome to try and figure out who has what amount of reviews. Just so you know. :)
- Lewis Carroll

425 Reviews

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:05 am
Nate says...

I'm a bit tired at the moment, so if anything doesn't make sense, just let me know :)

Anyways, the different review counts that you've noticed has to do with the different ways YWS has counted reviews over the past 9 years. Back in 2005, any literary comment was counted as a review -- even if you were the author of the work. Sometime later this was changed, and the minimum 250 character count came into existence. Yet even after that, the way characters are counted has changed a lot as well. For example, spaces used to count (they no longer do).

The all-time leaderboard counts reviews according to today's standards. So when a change is made to those standards, the all-time leaderboard automatically takes that into account and adjusts accordingly. On the other hand, the review count you see in profiles and next to avatars is never adjusted. So as long as a review you make now counts as a review, that'll always be counted as a review in your own review count.

On top of that, the all-time leaderboard does not take into account deleted reviews. If you've been here long enough, it can add up to quite a bit.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 am
Iggy says...

Ooh. Gotcha, Nate. A bit confusing, but hey if it's not broken, don't fix it, right? I'll just remember to look at my profile and not the leaderboards for my review count. xD

Thanks for explaining that. :)
- Lewis Carroll

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 pm
Wolfi says...

Hi! I asked Iggy about this and she recommended that I ask about it here...
-I have the latest version of Firefox
Just recently, I created a new club for the book I'm writing. Everything except the avatar/banner worked just fine. When I submitted the images for the avatar and banner, however, they wouldn't show up on my club page. It says that, after every time I try to submit the images, they were submitted successfully. But they clearly weren't. I'm pretty sure that size isn't an issue because I also tried an image that fits for my own profile and that didn't show up, either. Help!
Thanks, Wolfie36
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:16 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey Wolfie, I'll be glad to check out the issue. Can you give me the link to your club?

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 am
Wolfi says...

Thanks, Nate! clubs/1896
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:22 am
Messenger says...

Hey Nate, my notification thing is messed up I think. I am getting notifications several minutes late, sometimes 10 minutes or longer, and not only are they not sowing up, but they aren't popping up as new notifications.

I am using Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo