Bed.

by TheFlamingonator

Your warmth and comfort are what get me through each day.

No matter what happens each day it is always you who is on my mind.

Even if you aren't always comfortable at first, I end up waking up in the morning wishing I wouldn't have to leave you ever.

When I'm sick or feel blue you are there, I can cry into your pillow and punch it if I'm angry.

You are one of the most important things in my life.

Never cease to exist.

(This sounds more depressing than I originally planned it to.)

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 am
Snorlax says...

The only thing i wouls say would be is instead of " I can cry into your pillow and punch it if I'm angry." I'd say I can cry into your pillow or punch it if I'm angry.

That Is All.
Great poem!

chaninalexis14 wrote a review...

Bed's are the best thing to cuddle with. That's what is so great about being single for Valentine's day.

Cuddle with your bed, and love your food. I love how realistic this poem sounds, even though it's a little depressing.

I love my bed, more then I love my music, and I do love music.

Keep Writing, and enjoy your bed ;)

~Sparkles

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 am
DrFeelGood wrote a review...

Hi there, Gaurav here for a review! Man, that was new. I haven't read any poem about bed.

Personally I really liked your theme [I am a serious introvert who spends his whole vacation on bed, either reading or writing. So I have a serious relationship with my bed :D] You get brownie points for the theme itself.

I strongly recommend you to expand this poem and make it lyrical. This is a fresh idea and shouldn't be wasted.

Actually, you can even turn this into a short story ;)

Coming back to the poem, I found some emotions which look shallow, and the wording looks stiff. I am criticising this severely because you have a really good idea out there. You should proof-read some of the typos as well.

The sentence is too gigantic to digest. I recommend you to rewrite it and make it smooth.

You have mentioned that you found this depressing. On a personal note, I really found it sweet and I suggest you to make this a humorous poem. [I know I am overdoing it. I have no right to change the genre.] But trust me, you have a lot of potential.

The attachment with your bed is conveyed quite nicely. It looks quite realistic.

I really liked that line of yours. It was just really good. We often vent out our frustration on our bed and pillow. So that's a nice point you mentioned.

Over all this is really good. For a first time poet, you are extraordinary. I still can't believe this is your first poem. You will surely improve with time. Keep writing. You are doing an awesome Job! :D

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:36 am
Iggy wrote a review...

I'm married to my bed. So I can relate and I shall serenade her with this poem later >_>

HI. :)

My only nitpick:

No matter what happens through the day it is always you who is on my mind.

The repetition of "through the day" is blah. Spice it up. Don't repeat things so close to each other. ;)

But really, what can I say about this? It's clearly meant to be more silly than serious, no? I thought it was pretty good for someone who was sleepy when writing it xD Sums up pretty much every teenager in the world, ja?! Definitely something I can relate to.

It didn't have much of a flow to it, which worries me. I think it has to do with the fact that the lines were so long, and therefore made this feel more like it'd be a story than a poem. The transitions felt odd as well, but maybe that's just me. Flow was awkward. I can't say I know how to fix it, though >_>

Overall, it was an awesome idea that was explained nicely and made sense and was something we could all relate to. While flow was weird, pacing was not. You accurately explained the love/hate relationship between bed and sleeper, so overall, this was good. I liked it very much. c:

Hope I helped!

AryanaJade says...

I love my bed to. I mostly read on it because i don't have anything better to do with my life. It does sound a little depressing but it is true. When i get mad i scream in my pillow or even punch it. So yeah I like your poem about your bed.

Thanks :)
nice to know I am not alone in loving my bed (don't misinterpret that please)

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening