Letters from the cases

by TheWeather

A letter from the lowercase

i don't need a shift button or a caps lock
to get my voice heard, i'm secure with no
capitalization.
i am not filled with underestimated pronouns
but predetermined sentences in your thoughts.

A letter from the uppercase

They don't call me upper-class, I mean
uppercase for nothing. I create commanding
emphasis on every lower-class, pardon me,
lowercase letter I'm next to.
Shift and caps lock are my right and left hand guys.
After all there is no, "I" in team and if there was,
it would be uppercase of course.

A letter from the middle-case

I'm so unique that I'm not even on a keyboard yet.
Writing this letter, just in-case.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 am
Skydreamer says...

I just wanted to say that I absoluetly loved this poem. xD

TheWeather says...

Thanks, glad to know that.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:07 am
Ang920 wrote a review...

Hi there! Ang920 here to review.

This is a great poem. I like the idea of the upper case and lower case trying to prove that they are the best. I also loved the ending with middle-case. I thought it was hilarious, and very creative. It seems like lowercase is trying to stand up for itself against uppercase, and middle-case is like "Woah guys, I'm so special, I'm not even on the keyboard."

Besides the poem being enjoyable to read, it also has a really nice flow to it.

The only thing that I would suggest doing is making the letters from the uppercase, uppercase. I think it would add more emphasis to the idea of uppercase feeling that it is truly that best.

Over all this was a great poem, that I enjoyed reading very much.

I can't wait to read more of your works.

-Ang920 :)

TheWeather says...

Thank you

CuriosityCat says...

Oh my fishlets this is funny!! XD I like the way you mess with the way they talk so that they each have a personality. Maybe (and this is a suggestion, you don't have to use it) you could do Upper Case in all Caps, and lower case in all little letters. :D

~CURIOSITY(killed THE)cat

TheWeather says...

I was considering that but then uppercase would look like its shouting too much XP. Thanks though.

CuriosityCat says...

Ok. Or you could Capitalize Each Word At The Start. But If You Don't Want To, OK. :)

This was such a cool idea, and a topic that writers can really relate too! This poem not only had great voice and personality but had a really good flow to it. I'm not sure if you really used a rhyme scheme but the lines sounded like there was some rhyming and assonance in them with all the last words in the first stanza having an "o" sound and sometimes an "n" sound and the first three lines in the 2nd stanza having an "e" sound. The 3rd stanza stuck out a little, but it was a really cool and unique idea. There aren't really any formatting or spelling mistakes that I would change except for it seemed like there were a ton of commas in the second stanza.
Thanks for posting!! I enjoyed reading it!

~Alliyah

TheWeather says...

Thanks

TheFlamingonator wrote a review...

I found this poem pretty cool, in the fact that the idea is so original. If you have the time, maybe you could expand this poem or make others like it?

'Shift and caps lock ' I'm not completely sure but I find that Caps Lock is usually written with capital first letters in both words. This is just my opinion, because I found that it looked a bit off.

Cute and happy, made me smirk a bit.

Keep up the good work :)

TheWeather says...

They are lowercase on my keyboard, anyways thank you.

BlueSunset wrote a review...

It's sort of reminded me of a dictionary, but in more humor, and a bit more interesting to read. I think my favorite part was uppercase, because it kept getting mixed up with a different word. The last one, middle- case, made me laugh.

I personally wonder how somebody would come up with a topic like this- it's really neat. It's also interesting when in lowercase, there are no uppercases.

The words were perfect!

Predetermined,

Capitalization,

Emphasis.

There's really not any bad things I can say about this.

~ Sunset101

P.S.
I'm going to like it!

TheWeather says...

Thank you

BlueSunset says...

Anytime! :D

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay