12+ Violence Mature Content

Zombies of Mariesville | Four

by vampricone6783

*Part four of my series “Zombies of Mariesville”. You may check out the rest of the series underneath my folder “Zombies of Mariesville”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

Footsteps thumped down below, full of dominance and demonic fury. Luisa didn’t hear Josette get up, nor Marie say a word.

Cold terror paralyzed Luisa to her spot. Ava sat next to her, biting her nails nervously.

Who is Helena Blackrose? What has she done? Luisa thought.

“Whoever is hiding, I demand that you come out! I can smell you! There is no use trying to hide!” A woman’s low voice screeched.

“What are you doing?! Sit down!” Ava whisper-yelled, trying to pull Luisa back down.

Luisa yanked her hand away, making herself stand up with trembling legs.

I lost Charles. I lost Braden. I lost my whole town. I’m not going to lose my friends. Luisa cried out in her mind.

Even with how little Marie would reveal, she still deserved to be saved, in Luisa’s eyes.

Luisa walked out of the room, Ava running after her.

……………………………………………………

“You didn’t think that I wouldn’t come back to take what was mine, did you?!” The woman’s low, thundering voice laughed.

“You.Talk.Nonsense!” Marie said, straining with every word that left her lips.

Luisa and Ava ran down the stairs, desperate to save those in trouble.

“Nonsense? I’m only doing what I’m supposed to do. Jackson knew what he was getting into all those years ago when he summoned me.” The woman’s deep voice said.

How many stairs were there? Luisa and Ava were still walking down them.

“Jackson was a child!” Marie yelled. There was the sound of something massive being thrown, but the woman only chuckled.

It’s Helena Blackrose. Helena is here. Luisa thought. There was no use pushing it back, no use denying it.

There was a monster in their midst.

“If you want to do this the hard way, then…”

“She’s going to do it again. She’s done this before.” Ava said, fear rising in her voice.

“What do you me-“

Everything around Luisa clapped into a firework-white explosion. She held tight to Ava’s hand, the only soul she could see in the swirl of confusion.

Moonlily wrote a review...

Hello Hello I hope you dont mind me popping in with a small review. I am also aware that is both on the older side and short. However, I wanted to give some of the older pieces some love even if this might not be the most in-depth review. starting off I do like the Vilian she does give a threatening vibe despite the short nature of this piece

Now onto the review itself I don't have much to point out and I will be honest some are a little nitpicky.

"Cold terror paralyzed Luisa to her spot. Ava sat next to her, biting her nails nervously." although it does evoke a good amount of emotion I feel if you describe more of how that terror feels it could create more of an impact here's a quick example. " Cold terror flooded through Luisa like pins and needs trying to paralyze her,"

Now for this one, it's easy to fix all around I'm just confused about whether you meant it be a thought or spoken. " I lost Charles. I lost Braden. I lost my whole town. I’m not going to lose my friends." If it is spoken then all you need is quotation marks if it's a thought go back to the third person and add italics.

This one is more like a second option that might get you closer to the wanted effect. I am not a pro and it could be wrong grammar-wise.
"You…talk…nonsense!” This could be changed slightly since the dots represent trailing off it might not come off as clipped possibly angered words. Here's what I would do."You. Talk. Nonsense!” Since it's a bit jarring it gives a clipped talking through your teeth feel.

For this one, I would just switch the words around. "The deep woman’s voice said." to, "The woman’s deep voice said."

Lastly, I would rephrase this line a little."All around Luisa clapped into a firework-white explosion. She held tight to Ava’s hand, the only soul she could see in the swirl of confusion." The first half could be " Everything was lost in a white firework-like explosion."

Overall this was a fun read keep writing and have you had some water today?

Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:05 am
OrabellaAvenue wrote a review...

Hi there! This is Orabella, here with a review!

Ooh, what a short but crazy - chapter? Is it called chapter? I think so - this is. We've got so much going on and a new threat is on the loose! Or should I say old threat? It seems like it's happened before... but what exactly?

Now I have so many questions! They said she's done this before, but what did she do? If it's happening again, that means it was stopped at one point too, right? So maybe there's hope to fix whatever she's going to do!

Looks like this Helena Blackrose is a pretty big villain - potentially even more so than Jackson? He's the one the summoned her, but Marie and Ava seem much more afraid of her than they do of him, although that might be because of the limited amount of time on screen he's had so far. Plus, it seems he was probably young and naive when he did so. Ooh, what if Helena is the reason Jackson becomes so evil??! Either way, they're both dangerous, and they both need to be stopped.

I wonder who exactly Ava is, too? What was she doing in the house, and does she hold any significance to the story or another character?

I lost Charles. I lost Braden. I lost my whole town. I’m not going to lose my friends.

Oooh, this is soo good. Not only are the words strong, but the meaning behind them is, too! We also get to see a lot more of Luisa's character. She's lost a lot, but she's not going to lose anyone more. Even if that means foolishly going after a monster. But, you know. Characters will do that. :D

Hmm... things I could suggest to improve... uh... well, maybe try varying your sentences a little more? Think, How can I make this different? How can I make this more unique? Instead of saying, "There was..." try to actually describe the thing. "There was a bee on the flower, and Mara avoided it," vs. "A bee sat patiently on the flower, as if waiting for Mara to pass and sting her, sending her to the hospital like the dozens of times other bees had done the same thing."

This is getting spooky! I'm dreading what's about to happen... is Luisa going to be the only one left alive in the friend group? Is Marie going to die? Is Jackson going to win? Or will she get everyone back?

Thanks again for writing this! It's a blast reading this quaint little not-at-all-nail-biting story, and I can't wait to see where it goes! Until next time. Keep writing!

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates