12+ Violence Mature Content

A kissing booth? Really?

by vampricone6783

*This is a short Valentine’s Day story I made with characters of mine from my “Circus of horrors” stories. You can check out the stories that connect to this one underneath my folder titled “Circus of horrors”. This particularly short story will be underneath my folder “Happy-ish stories”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy and Happy Valoween!*

“Hey look. A kissing booth.” Andrew smiled. He elbowed Charles.

“You know what day it is!” Andrew exclaimed happily.

Charles, however, was not amused. Kissing booths were for people who wanted to kiss for sport. Kissing booths were cheap carnival games that involved the exchange of germs.

And yes, he knew very well that it was Valentine’s Day. He loved Andrew very much, he really did, but kissing booths? Really? And Valentine’s Day?

“You do realize that Valentine’s Day isn’t a real holiday, right?” Charles asked.

“It’s on the calendars, isn’t it?” Andrew asked.

“That doesn’t mean it’s true.” Charles pointed out.

A thought dawned on Charles.

“How do you know it’s February fourteenth? There are no calendars here. We’ve been dead for decades.” Charles said, gesturing to the decrepit carnival that surrounded them. There were other ghosts, but they were a good distance away from them.

Andrew’s pale face turned a deep red.

“You don’t know, do you?” Charles said.

“I don’t.” Andrew replied, slightly embarrassed.

“You just want me to-“

“Why did you think it was Valentine’s Day? I didn’t say anything.” Andrew pointed out.

Now it was his turn to blush. Truthfully, he did want it to be Valentine’s Day. As superficial as it was, Valentine’s Day was kind of nice.

Without saying a word, Charles took Andrew’s hand and pretended to be annoyed as he walked up to the kissing booth.

……………………………………………………

“I’m going to make up for all the times I didn’t kiss you. Be prepared.” Charles said very seriously.

Andrew didn’t expect him to sound so solemn about a kissing booth. Then again, he was always sol-

Charles wasn’t merely kissing his lips.

He was kissing his cheeks, eyes, forehead, and even his little red clown nose, which gave a little squeak as he did so.

Andrew giggled as Charles did it. Really, he didn’t expect Charles to do all of that.

But it was nice.

“Don’t expect this from me every day.” Charles said with a smile after he finished. He hugged Andrew, but not too tightly. From the way he said it, Andrew knew that it was but a mere lie.

He’d go along with it, though.

“Of course.” Andrew said.

That was more than enough.

That single moment was perfect.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm
Wr3n wrote a review...

That was so sweet and oddly pure for a horror spinoff, I loved it lol. Now, let me be blunt, I don't know who these characters are, or what they're from and further than what you gave in the opening note. But definitely gonna read more of your stories, haha. As for plot, I haven't seen anything about kissing booths yet, so it definitely was a creative spin. Also the pun in the opening note got me laughing lol. 10/10, totally recommend :3

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:26 am

First Impression: This was a beautiful little tale here. Such a simple idea but executed really well and I think you hit the notes that you wanted to hit really nicely.

Well this is off to an interesting start here. Valentine's day and a kissing booth are certainly a very intriguing combination. I can't wait to see where this ends up taking us here.

A thought dawned on Charles.

OOoh well that's a bit of a suspicious moment. Definitely seems like the Valentine's day claim is going to turn out to be a little bit less tr than Andrew would probably want it to be.

Andrew’s pale face turned a deep red.

“You don’t know, do you?” Charles said.

“You just want me to-“

Well that's just a truly adorable moment that I did not think we were going to be running into in one of these stories but I am absolutely not going to complain, I'm instead going to hope that things aren't about to go very far south.

Charles wasn’t merely kissing his lips.

Well this is now most definitely the most adorable story I've seen by you I think quite possibly. I'm really hoping this isn't heading towards some sort of unmitigated disaster. This much happiness is usually balanced out by some sort of equally horrifying tragedy.

But it was nice.

He’d go along with it, though.

“Of course.” Andrew said.

That was more than enough.

That single moment was perfect.

Oh that was just a beautiful and adorable little scene and honestly I don't have much else to say on it. A simple scene with a simple idea but just really nicely done so that you just have a massive smile on your face at the end of it. I think it's perfect.

Overall: Overall, its a soft little scene that just left me giggling and smiling and honestly there's not much else you can ask from a simple little scene like this.

Kate

Ley wrote a review...

Hello! :D Ley here to review this piece for you!

First impressions...

Hello, I just wanted to start off by saying I know I haven't read the rest of the chapters to this, but I saw this in the greenroom and I thought I'd take it out of there. So enjoy the nonbiased, blind review of this part to the wonderful story you've created! Lets get started.

My first impressions on this piece were simple: I loved the banter and the emotions you drew out of the characters. Even though this part was relatively short, you still managed to capture the character's personalities and still gave me some idea on who everyone is. :D

When I was reading this I felt...

Happy, I was giggling a little bit. Like I said above, I really did enjoy the banter in this part. I also felt butterflies in my stomach when Charles and Andrew went into the kissing booth. We love to see romance in a story!

My favorite line/quote is...

As someone who hasn't read the previous parts, I found this line to show what type of person Charles is. I enjoyed learning about his views on Valentines Day!

Some things that could be improved are...

I would recommend making this chapter a taaad longer, because this was a very casual read. I feel like you also could've been a little more descriptive: what did the kissing booth look like? What type of vibe did Charles and Andrew get from it? These are all just suggestions though, so take them with a grain of salt!

Overall...

This was an awesome read! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read more of this story! Happy Writing!

With Love,
Leya

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson