z

Young Writers Society


12+ Mature Content

Little soilder

by Akizx


My little son, my little boy

Always fighting for his rights and never doing what is wrong

My little child, putting him in bed and listening to him and his dreams

Kissing him goodnight, hoping his future would come through being great like he is

Praying everynight, everyday and every noon to see him again

Sitting at the front door waiting for him to return

Going everynight, everyday and every noon to his grave

Everytime leaving him more and more stuff from back when things were good

My little soilder may be dead

But thanks to him we are free again


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 39
Reviews: 12

Donate
Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:14 pm
Tambo wrote a review...



hello :P :D ;D Tambo here coming in for a short review on this poem.
Let’s just get straight into it!
You really know to make someone genuinely feel upset with your writing. The only mistake in this poem was that with the word soilder you actually spell it soldier, other than that the poem was great! I felt sorry and proud for the mother at the same time. I loved how the young soldier sacrificed himself, there is always a movie where the main character dies to save others. I cried in Armageddon! 😅
Overall if this work would be put on my recommended page, I wouldn’t be surprised!
Bye! I hope you have a great rest of the day or night (wherever you are).
Sincerely, Tambo




User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 7394
Reviews: 41

Donate
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm
22Midnight wrote a review...



Hi names 22Midnight
i'm here to read your writing.

what a lovely start to this but then so sad at the end, it really got me feeling for the mother who lost her child because of war.

this did get me thinking about all the things going on nowadays with those out there sacrificing themselves for others like this.

this sounds like a very brave kid who marched out to battle when he was only a teen and didn't make it out.

it's nice to see how much his mother loved him and how thankful she is for his sacrifice.

also only mistake with spelling that I noticed is soilder you actually spell it soldier, since this isn't your first language and the first work you posted you did a brilliant job!

okay that's all from me see ya!

:D




User avatar
211 Reviews


Points: 23158
Reviews: 211

Donate
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am
OrabellaAvenue wrote a review...



Hi there Akizx! I'm Orabella, here with a quick review. :)

Welcome to YWS! Hope you like it here. ^^ If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or another active moderator. We'd love to help, even if it's just a simple question! :D

I love this poem so much! The sadness behind it is beautiful, and the end kind of made me want to cry. I can't tell you which line is my favorite, because pretty much half of them share that title, but I can say your lines were very powerful, each in their own way, which I thought was really cool.

Oh, so English isn't your first language? This work is amazing; I would've assumed a native English speaker had written it. There's one thing I noticed, though: I think you spelled "soilder" wrong. I believe it's spelled "soldier" (the i comes after the d). Other than that, everything looks fine, or at least nothing noticeable!

This kind of reminds me of a song from a show I like; it's a man singing about his "brave soldier boy" that died, although I feel like this poem is a little more personable. We can see it from the parent's eyes and what it was like to lose their child in exchange for freedom. This ends it on a very bittersweet note; on one hand, they are free, but on the other, they lost their child in the process. Which is worse?

I also love the connection between these lines:

Kissing him goodnight, hoping his future would come through being great like he is


My little soilder may be dead

But thanks to him we are free again

Again, it's so sad but so sweet how his future would be great, but he will be gone. And he made other people's futures great too. He made them free.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing! I'd love to see more of your work! Have an amazing day/night, and keep writing!




User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 319
Reviews: 35

Donate
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:25 pm
dm74 wrote a review...



Hey there! I'm Dani and I'm here to leave a quick review. I had to read this piece a few times to really understand it.

Lines to remember: The repetition in these two lines really drives your point home.

Praying everynight, everyday and every noon to see him again

Going everynight, everyday and every noon to his grave


I feel like this is when the readers understand exactly what is going on in your poem - that the mother's son is dead.

Small Critiques: the words every night in the lines quoted above should be two words.

Overall, your poem has a strong message and is very well written especially with English not being your first language. Good job! And please keep writing! I'd love to read more.




Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:24 pm
View Likes
Akizx says...



Author note:
Hello^^ this is my first time publishung my work...hope you like it! Feel free to correct me and give me tips!( btw!! English is not my first languange so Im sorry for possible spelling and grammar mistakes!!)





If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang