12+ Violence Mature Content

Cynthia’s story-Ghost House

by vampricone6783

*This is the origin of a character from my “Ghost House” stories. It’s in my “Ghost House” folder. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall.*

There was once a woman named Cynthia, who was married to a guy named Percy and had two kids, Thomas and Bethany.

Cynthia could see ghosts all her life. There was no rhyme or reason to it, it just happened. She wasn’t the only one who could see them, though. Her son, Thomas, also had the gift. Fortunately, Percy didn't bother her and Thomas about the whole "seeing ghosts thing" and Bethany, who was only four, didn't care about it at all. However, she liked to act like she was creepy to assert herself and appear more than what she was.

But there came a time when one particular ghost was tormenting Thomas, cursing him with nightmares and visions of horror, so Cynthia did what she had to do. She exorcized the ghost away and erased Thomas’ memories of ghosts and all things paranormal. While she sometimes felt disconnected from him, she reminded herself that it was for the best, that it wasn’t appropriate for Thomas to see ghosts in the first place.

Of course, Thomas was just a little boy then. It’s easier to watch over a small child than a young adolescent who is coming into their own…

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 am

Well this is quite the little origin story here. Its interesting how despite this being Cynthia's story we really end up learning quite bit about Thomas as well and he seems rather central to everything going on here. I think that's a nice touch just to show how important he is to Cynthia and how much his experiences would end up shaping her own life. There's certainly more than one life changing detail mentioned in this one and its clear the magnitude of these are not to be trifled with her.

The description of those ghosts is also rather chilling. It starts off almost joking and then we get the sense that Cynthia is maybe being just a little bit controlling when it comes to how she handles Thomas but at the same time we're getting enough evidence of how terrifying this is that you can't help but wonder if her intention and even perhaps her actions were the good ones to take. It certainly leaves you with a lot to think about there.

Overall another quite intriguing origin story to add amongst the collection that is now building up here. Its quite the little tale here touching on two sides of this issue and never fully presenting which is better. Quite nicely done!

Kate

AmayaStatham says...

Hi Vampricone! This time it's just a comment ^^

I wanted to drop by and say I really enjoyed this piece. I love the fact that Cynthia took the initiative to help Thomas out as a mother should. I think it's kinda sad that Percy didn't care, but maybe there's more to his story. This is was awesome! Feel free to tag me in future pieces of "Cynthia's story-Ghost House"

Bye, Amaya.

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge