12+ Violence Mature Content

The monster within | Chapter Six |

by vampricone6783

*This is Chapter Six of my fanfic “The monster within”. This is underneath my folder titled “The monster within”. This story is a fanfic of the R.L. Stine movie: “Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls”. It takes place a year after the events of the movie. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

NICOLE

“Yeah, you guys have been acting weird all day.” Beth says, raising an eyebrow. She’s always so inquisitive. If anything were wrong with us she would be the first person to notice it. Ms. Sarkosian wanted her to join Journaling Club, but she declined. She’d rather hang out with us. I can’t tell if it’s because she likes us or if it’s out of pity. I have no idea how to feel about this.

Yet it’s Kellen who is the first one to ask. Beth must be influencing him. Either way, we’re both doomed.

“We wanted to tell you guys later.” I say, trying not to sound suspicious.

“And by later, you mean…” Beth makes a hand gesture for me to continue. Kellen watches, folding his hands. Luke swallows today’s french fries rather loudly. Ugh, why is he so gross?

“After school!” I blurt out, cringing at how high my voice sounds.

I hope I didn’t sound too panicky. I can’t afford having this conversation now.

It’s okay. We’re all good for now. Beth and Kellen have gone back to eating their lunch. Luke is also eating, but obnoxiously. I’ve managed to divert their attention.

After school, we’ll figure this out. After school, everything will be okay.

After all, Dr. Hysteria wouldn’t dare come for us again, right?

Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:35 am
AkuRashomon wrote a review...

Hello! This is AkuRashomon and I do know it has been awhile since I have reviewed or commented on your work. But to be honest, I love this novel(?) you are writing. Although, nowadays, I have only been reading them. But if you want a review, I think your writing style has improved and rather, the plot has also gotten less confusing :D

For some reason, I just love Beth's quirkiness here. She's been one of my favorite characters recently, reading this and the past chapters. This work of yours has been reminding me of that one TV show that got famous named Stranger Things. I would genuinely want to see a twist in this story. I also see some improvement in the dialogue. I like the fact that you do not just use the word "said". You would add more detail to what the character's doing, the character's emotions, tone and stuff like that. I would love to see what is inspired by this fanfic if I have time.

Just keep me updated and tag me on your comments because as my bio says, school is a pain in the butt. I would be here from time to time but not much. I only post poems on my forum for Napo and for fun. I think I rarely do reviews but I would do that when I have a vacay after my finals and moving up ceremony. Anyway, thank you for sharing this piece, @vampricone6783!

- AkuRashomon

I%u2019m glad you like this! I%u2019ll be sure to keep you updated. :>

This fanfic is a fanfic of the R.L. Stine movie %u201CMonsterville: Cabinet of Souls%u201D.

AkuRashomon says...

:D

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler