Never let me go

by Lolita18

I wonder, when i die,

Would you even cry?

You said, you loved me enough,

To let me go.

I asked, "this is what love is,

........... to let go?"

You answered, "of course,

This is what it is."

But, I didn't believe you a bit.

For me,

Love is to keep,

to hold on to,

Close to your heart,

Even when you are apart.

I don't want you to stop your life for me,

I don't want you to be stuck.

I want you to go out and,

find love again.

But,

I also want you to remember me for eternity,

till your last breathe

But thats a wish,

that is too selfish to ask.

So,

All i ask of you,

is to give me a small place in your heart.

Remember me again,here and there in your life,

Remember me again, in my living days and not my dying ones.

And, to never let me go,

For i loved you first and the most. 

ccarson wrote a review...

Thank you for sharing this amazing work. I feel that the line "I wonder, when I die, would you even cry?" is something that I really relate to. I often feel like people in general wouldn't care if I just disappeared, and I often wonder if that's true. I also don't want to be forgotten, which makes the line "I also want you to remember me for eternity." hit especially hard. However, I often feel that I'm not worth people's time, which makes the accompanying line "But that is a wish, that is too selfish to ask." add to it. overall this was a very relatable poem, and thanks again for sharing.

-Corp. Cleo Carson

SylvanusGrace wrote a review...

Strong message about remembering and about love. What I find fascinating is the last verse that expresses strength and call to return the love that was given. This poem combines in an excellent way "giving" and "taking". It shows it very well through the contrast. Thank you for sharing this poem!

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian