Diary.

by AkuRashomon

Dear Diary,

Gossip, bluff, indiscreet information and emotional sayings. Whatever goes in those letters they send you, what do you know? Do you judge those sayings that they have told you? How do you feel having teenagers’ lives in the palm of your hand? Whether it is a girl or boy, they will write to you. Do you know who he loves? Do you think the person he loves feels the same way? May I assume that that person is not me?

You make these questions flow in my mind. People in the alternate universes and the one I am currently in, they write to you. Some people call you the utterance of their hearts, some say you are the pleasing record of a cultivated mind and some say you are the mirror of the days of their memories. My question still lingers in my mind, what do you know? How much do you know? How can you be such a dependable, trustworthy thing or person for people to write to you a lot of things? How can I be you?

Can I know the things you know? Or am I just a little weakling participating in society and humanity, I would not handle what you know? Are you the god Atlas, carrying the whole world on your shoulders? Should I be Hercules so I may trick you into experiencing what you do and steal something from you? That sounds evil! Maybe I am evil, maybe I want to know what you know. So you don’t need to answer those questions in the beginning, I could just find out the answers myself.

To make things sound less unsettling for you, we could be friends. Then, you can tell me every single detail in every teenager’s mind so I may understand what goes on it? Most people are different, every person walks a different life than the other. All-knowing Diary, what’s your play?

Kindest Regards,

*********************@ywsmail.com

Stickied -- Thu May 02, 2024 2:53 am
AkuRashomon says...

Fun fact! I never write to diary (except for this message) because I think it knows too much c:

DMS1 wrote a review...

You write to the diary, we write to ourselves. I like this writing of yours.

I don't think there's any need for changes, it's all good. It's nice to look into yourself, you need to know yourself better too. Know what you really want, need, love, all of that gives you not only a better understanding of yourself but also of the world around you.

Overall, really nice piece of work by the way. Don't term this as teen fiction though. It doesn't stick to reality. That's the only thing I think shouldn't be there.

AkuRashomon says...

Hello! Thanks for the feedback, may I know what genre you think this story is? :)

Oooh this is quite an intriguing idea right here. I don't think I've seen this before, a diary entry that truly is addressed to the diary and is talking to it directly. It really makes for a very intriguing little display here I think and a brand new perspective on what a diary can be. It really opens up just how much stuff goes through a diary and how much knowledge and deep secrets those pages hold. You do a really good of establishing this and bringing it all to light. I also like how there's a bit of an accusatory tone there as well in terms of whether the diary deserves this position it holds.

Oooh well that took a turn quite quick, going from a suspicion of what the diary is capable of to just wanting to harness the power of all that knowledge. A wonderful, really brings a unique vibe to this style of story and I love it. I think you've really looked at this with an incredibly fresh perspective and bring it to life really quite well. Really well done there.

Kate

AkuRashomon says...

Thank you, Kate!

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn