z

Young Writers Society


12+

​“Bum-Bum Bum-Bum Bum-Bum”

by twilight1205


The claws scraped along my back, drawing as they go.

The ruby liquid dropped to the white tile.

Drip-

Drip-

Drip.

The fangs pierced my bare throat,

Causing pain and pleasure.

This is what people call scary…

Bum-Bum 

Bum-Bum 

Bum-Bum


Blood runs cold as the words make their way to me.

I freeze     in motion as they reach my head, my heart, my soul.

Love is a Monster

Love will make you bleed.

Love will make you scream in pain.

Love will make you scream in ecstasy.

Love is scary.

Love. 

BUM-BUM 

BUM-BUM

BUM-BUM


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 13
Reviews: 5

Donate
Tue May 07, 2024 2:40 pm
View Likes
jordanzimmer wrote a review...



Hey, here to leave a quick review.

I really enjoyed this poem. You use great visual language to evoke images.

"The ruby liquid dropped to the white tile."

I loved this line. Not only does it conjure up a vivid image in my mind, but it also causes me to think deeper. "Ruby liquid" can be interpreted as not only ruby in color but also in value. It makes me think the narrator is losing a valuable part of themselves in this love.

Overall great job. Keep it up!




User avatar
26 Reviews


Points: 780
Reviews: 26

Donate
Sun May 05, 2024 9:19 am
View Likes
KaavyaK wrote a review...



Nice poem written by the author.
The title is quite interesting and unique, because of which I read rest of the poem.

"Love is a Monster
Love will make you bleed.
Love will make you scream in pain.
Love will make you scream in ecstasy.
Love is scary."
True, love is, has always been a mix of pain and pleasure both at the same time which sometimes gets hard for us to handle, but when it gets out of hand and we cannot control it, it becomes scary. The old horrifying memories haunt us, but we should let the past be the past because it is gone.
And everything happens for a good reason.

You could try writing bit lengthy poem next time (this is just a suggestion; rest is your wish).

Keep it up.
Waiting for more.
Thank you.




User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 937
Reviews: 10

Donate
Thu May 02, 2024 12:25 am
View Likes
ToastK wrote a review...



Hi, I dropped by because the title interested me, and reading this has given me thoughts I’d like to tell you!

First, wow, the onomatopoeias and the way you wrote them were so amazing!

Drip-

Drip-

Drip.

This for example, along with describing blood as ruby liquid really makes the scene come to life.

Also,
Blood runs cold as the words make their way to me.

I freeze in motion as they reach my head, my heart, my soul.


The way you emphasized the action of freeze by giving it space was so creative and is the kind of structuring that makes poems like these pop!

also, the repeating if bum-bum in different scenarios—from fright to love, strengthens the meaning of the title and adds a nice rhythm to this piece.

Over all, it seems that this is your first work you uploaded to YWS, and I can’t wait to reas more from you! (also, a little late welcome to YWS! :D)

I hope my short review helps encourage you a bit to be a more active and engaging memeber!
Also, remember, you should always take what you can learn from reviews, that doesn’t mean take just the positives, take valid and helpful criticisms and always try to improve your work!





Perhaps the real rickroll was the friends we made along the way
— GengarIsBestBoy