A heart.

Dripping

doses of distraught,

He lights the fire

Muttering muffles of wishes

A Cursed Love,

Falling

Apart.
Last edited by tezzle881 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:47 am
Littlewing says...

Hello! I liked the bare, severe feel of your poem - I feel that you increase the emotion in the poem by not over-ornamenting it. A few spelling errors: 'distrought' should be 'distraught', 'muffels' should be 'muffles' and 'lits' should be 'lights. I also feel the separating of 'Falling apart' is a bit unnecessary as it felt a bit awkward.
Overall - well done, great poem! :)

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:02 am
paintingtherain97 says...

I like this for a few reasons:

1. It was short. I don't like reading a poem that's really a novel. Kudos because that isn't a problem here.

2. Your word choice is good. The way you arranged lines with only a couple words left me on the edge of my seat, looking for more. There were also some alliterations, and the poem generally created good imagery. The words like "dripping" and "shattering" created a vivid mental image.

There were some cons, though:

1. It was a bit hard to follow at times. Some people like spontaneity in poems, though, so this isn't a huge deal.

2. The title is a bit cliche.

I hope my review helps. This is a good poem. Keep writing. :)
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
— A.A. Milne