z

Young Writers Society

Weird Fears

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:15 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I'm scared of not being able to breathe...

And water... *shudders* The Pool is not a happy place for me... too deep... too deep... but strangely, the beach is okay... just as long as you don't ask me to go swimming...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:52 pm
niteowl says...

OMG you just reminded me of another fear! Backstroke underwater streamline! I'm on the swim team, and when you take off for backstroke, you're supposed to keep your body long and kick underwater until you surface. Same for other strokes, but when I'm on my back, I can see the ceiling and it just freaks me out.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:26 pm
Duskglimmer says...

My friend is standing here laughing at this thread and making a list of all the things that scare me... *glares good-naturedly at her friend and then obiediently begins typing out the list*

- Doors that open seemingly by themselves
- Friends that pop up randomly around corners
- inanimate objects that seem to respond to me
- machines that make odd noises
- Things that know my name
- characters in movies that look right at me
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:46 pm
Bobo says...

LOL Dusky. I could see some of those happening.

Hm... my fears? I have a horrible fear of rejection and failure, but since I'm naturally laid back, I pretty much just ingore stuff like that. Meh, whatever.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:39 am
Kochan says...

I have this irrational fear of jumping in puddles when its raining.... I have no problem with it after its stoped raining, but i can't jump in them when it is. And its all because i saw i kid jump in one and then it started to downpour. And, being the intellegent little kid i was, i was scared that if i was standing in a puddle of water when lightning hit me, i'd die instead of get cool powers. ^_^

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:57 pm
Chevy says...

Jesus help me. I am seriously developing a fear of staplers
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:38 pm
Areida says...

SPIDERS!!! They freak me out to no end. Just the thought of those little legs on me....*shudders* I can't even touch pictures of spiders in books...I hate them. And cockroaches! They're so nasty!! One time, when I was in 7th grade, I was laying on a couch watching a movie and fiddling with my necklace like I do a lot. Suddenly, I realized I wasn't wearing a necklace....I looked down. I was playing with a live roach!! I of course freaked out and screamed and was flinging my hand all over the place to get it off....*shudders again*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:46 pm
Areida says...

I thought of another one: I saw the movie It, based on the Stephen King book in the fourth grade and I was terrified of it. Actually...I still sort of am. So I try not to think about it b/c otherwise I'll feel like that stupid clown is lurking around every corner....

And I don't like to be uncovered on my bed. Or have any part of my body hanging off the bed. When I was little I used to think a witch and goblins lived under my bed so I would always take a running start to get onto the bed b/c I was afraid they would grab my legs and drag me under or something, lol.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:00 am
marzipan says...

Uh. Small, childlike things like Santa's elves and OompaLoompas and porcelin dolls. I like kids but fake ones...creep me out.

When I was about 5, I was scared shitless of Terry Fox. I went to some exhibit on him and, I dunno, musta been the fact that he was dead coupled with his fake leg and the cancer, but when I left I couldn't eat the food I'd brought in because it felt contaminated. I know, it's awful. I'm over that, though XD;

But my worst fear is being run over by a bus. The only explanation I can come up with is maybe I was killed in a past life by a bus or something. Busses themselves don't scare me. My brother bought the computer game Tony Hawk 2, and in one of the levels there's a bus that hits you if you get in its way. Every time I played it, the sound of the bus approaching would turn me cold, and my heart would start beating faster. If I screwed up and it smucked me, I would have one milisecond of cold-sweat, paralyzing horror before I realized I was fine.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:44 am
Crysi says...

Chevy wrote:Jesus help me. I am seriously developing a fear of staplers

LMAO!!!

Sorry. I'm not laughing at the fear.. but at the memory of an inside joke. Continue..
Love and Light

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood