z

Young Writers Society

Erm.where are my points?

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:07 am
View Likes
Chevy says...

Did I like lose my points because of inactivity or something? Because I used to have like more points than everyone except for Nate and now I have 0. ZE-RO. Whats the deal, like totally?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:13 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I was beginning to think if anybody noticed, lol.

Everyone's points have been reset since it is a new month. This is how it will happen every month so as to level the playing field for the Member of the Month. They do it over at TYWC too with the whole megabytes thing... only thing is, it's been forever since the last Member of the Year was announced.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:55 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

i know this 100% true. i offered david my help and so did some others put he never replies to your emails and hes just letting the site die. the chatwall doesnt work anymore and hardly anything new is in the recent additions section.
i miss having the most points because i liked giving them away like one hundred a time!!! *sniff* *sniff* but I'll get over it. really, I will.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:27 pm
Tessitore says...

Ah, so, that's what happened. I was wondering. I thought it was a system glich or something, but I guess not. Kinda reminds me of neopets.com and how your scores are reset every month...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:32 pm
View Likes
faith says...

oh my god! neopets! i totally forgot about that game, i used to play it religiously when i was like 13. Geez, poor firesong_3200 is probably dead.

103 Reviews

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:26 am
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Heh. I play it when I get bored, and I usually sell my accounts to young children or relatives or friends for cash, the ammount depending on the accounts stats. The one I'm working on now is "steamfairy". It's pretty nifty, but I've been working on it for a while... when I'm bored. Not that often, actually. I suppose my pets are dying... again.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:38 am
View Likes
faith says...

since i don't have a diaryland thingy and i cant leave you a note THERE, i'll ask HERE. on your diary thing, that picture you have as the background- have you ever heard of a comic called cutewendy? cause it looks a lot like it, and i dont see many people who've heard of it.

also i see you're a neil gaiman fan...neil gaiman is, if not GOD HIMSELF at least some lesser deity. i got to hear him read from his new book at worldcon in boston. envy me :twisted:

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:34 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Uh...Nate...I have a follow-up question...why does Wintergrimm have -1 point? Is he not a good member or is not active or something? Or does is he in debt ( :twisted: )?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:05 am
View Likes
Nate says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:Uh...Nate...I have a follow-up question...why does Wintergrimm have -1 point? Is he not a good member or is not active or something? Or does is he in debt ( :twisted: )?

That's really quite weird... I have no idea how that could have happened. The points system is such that you can't donate more than you have, and you can't have fewer than 0 points. I can't even modify a user's points so that they have less than 0. I just tried donating one more point than I have to another user, but I didn't go into debt and that one extra point did not transfer.

Really strange...

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:47 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

also i see you're a neil gaiman fan...neil gaiman is, if not GOD HIMSELF at least some lesser deity. i got to hear him read from his new book at worldcon in boston. envy me

I ENVY YOU!!!! Grrr... I want to see Neil Gaiman...

I agree... he is a GOD.

I read his online blog obsessively (http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/journal.asp)... and I just love him love him love him.

But, no, I do not know about my avatar. I shamelessly stole it from someone elses avatar on D-land. Sadness.

Oh, and, you can sign my guestbook on my D-land account without being a D-land person... just so ya' know.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin