14%
I don't really like any
7%

Total votes : 14

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:22 pm
jonny911 says...

O.K, I'm one of those wishy-washy people who can't decide on a story and stick with it. But I have to pick a story to write! For school, of course. Most people would scramble too come up with an idea. I've got too many! Please pick which of these stories that is best, or just the one you want to see written. My life depends on it!

Idea #1: AGENDA (Fantasy Fic)

This one is complicated. I'll just try to explain the first part of the novel. The main character is a young (12 year old) girl with rich parents. She is assaulted by pirates, who kidnap her. Her father flies her to another continent to keep her safe, but the Church (not based on any real religion, I don't want to offend people) discover she holds an artifact and think she is "The One" (she got it from one her assaulters). They hire terrorists to destroy the airship she is flying on and bring her to them (epic battle), but it fails and she ends up on an island with her assaulters and a young boy that is pretty much infested with mutated humans.

I have it all thought out, but that is all I can put in words.

Idea 2#: POST HISTORY (Sci-Fi)

I thought of this one in science class. Two theives are the only ones left in a gamma burst that killed 99% of the humans on earth. Animals roam free, and the few remaining humans are at the bottom of the food chain. The theives aim to save themselves, but end up launching a desparated attempt to evacuate Mankind from earth.

Idea 3#: REGIME (Horror Sci-Fi)

During World War 3, one country (China?) invades another (Germany?) and forces the civillians to hide underground. The book is in first person from a man who becomes a lab rat for his captors, and is experimented on, giving him the strange ability to see into the past and future. He learns he can help his people escape by using his ability, but must decide against the power and money and luxuries his captors would give him if he joined them.

I'd really appreciate if you can help me choose! I love writing but I just have to set myself to it! If you can help, I'd really need it.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:39 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

do them all! :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:52 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

Ok, well I can't tell you which one you should choose, but I think I can offer some advice that might help you make the decision on your own.

You have three worlds here that you're basically creating from scratch, and three storylines that all have some merit. The decision hangs on how well you think you can write each of the stories. If you can make China invading Germany entirely believable (I mean give them justification and make it sound more like history than fiction), and develop a mood that befits such a story, go for number three. If you can capture the desperation and write with the pace that is demanded by a protagonist on an island of enemies, number one might be the way to go. Personally, I think number two will be the hardest to write, and also requires the most careful writing. Any reader will be asking a lot of questions that will need some pretty detailed answers woven into the narrative.
Be sure not to info-dump with any of your stories, because they like exactly the type that any writer might be tempted to just beat the reader over the head with information. Never do that. Readers have fragile heads.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you shouldn't make your decision based on the plot ideas. Use the story that gives you other ideas, like interesting characters or effective ways to create a believable mood. I don't know, but remember that whatever you write will always be more than just a plot.

I'm not sure that helped at all.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:13 pm
BigBadBear says...

Well, whatever. I really liked #3. I would read it if it were a book...so if you post it here, please PM me!

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:10 pm
Tres*Chic says...

They are all really good ideas, and I think at some point you should write them all. 1 and 2 are my favourites though!
I love muscical theatre...West End here I come!

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 pm
MidnightVampire says...

I like number 3 I would read it (and so would claire-a friend of mind)
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:37 am
omgafilangi says...

Numbers one and two are a little overdone, if you ask me. A fantasy story with someone who is "The One"? If I have to read another one of those I might puke...

A lot of people also use the whole "post-apocalypse" thing too, and its hard to make it new and original.

The third idea sounds really good though, and its something id like to read :)
NaPoWriMo

The purpose of life is to fight maturity
-Dick Werthimer

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:01 pm
Cheeky Coconut Smoothy Lo says...

Against 3.

China invading Germany is just so not in the realm of 'believable'. It would be more one of China versus USA. That is a major issue right now, and how it would play out, but not to sound harsh, but you do not seem to be good with politics from your story idea. While very unusual in premace for this 'ability' it sounds like some story that I recently read about a blindman who has this very ability after he got cybernetic eyes that allowed him to 'see'.

Unusual 2.

Gamma ray burst eh? Interesting how 2 people can evacute a world which would inevitably be fried (and why not animals) by such a burst? Seems more like the 'last man on earth' stand point. Might need some modding, but could be interesting.

Cliche 1.

Airships sound like they are from Final Fantasy. 'The One' is an overdone cliche, the rich daughter one is often a bad concept for a story as they are usually spoiled and incapable of adjusting to harsh situations. Always know your 'church' for which you use, it does not have to be real world related, but you should at least give something to go by for the reader. Mutated humans... a young boy... why does this sound like number 2 except with zombies or something?

I think you have some good ideas, but they are not fleshed out and have a couple logic issues or are cliche in presentation. With some work you could maybe combine say... the thieves with the girl who is shot down in the middle of a war as she flees, while carrying a locket with her father's password to obtain files on how to fight back against said invading nation.

I dunno... just slapped together what I could from your three, they are not bad in creation alone, but just concept issues seem...weak. You probably have already thought new things to add in or modified it already.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Out of all of them, I like number 3 the best. I agree with Cheeky Coconut that the political situation would need to be tweaked a bit, but overall, I think that politics are not too much of the focus.

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck! I hope you post it here! I'd like to read whatever you come up with!

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:04 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Okay.

Idea 1

Not bad. I think if done right it could be really good and lots of fun.

Idea 2

There are so many movies and books that have that same 'the world has ended, now a few individuals can save the few humans who are left' that this idea is a bit overdone. You could make it very good if you can keep it original, but that could be extremely hard with your current idea. Very, very hard.

Idea 3

I don't think I've ever read anything like it, but I'm not a huge sci-fi person. I think it's a good idea, but at the moment--with just that outline--I wouldn't read it. =P It sounds like it could be good, but not as interesting as I like my stories. This could be fixed by making your character very cool and interesting. Characters are everything, seriously.

I'd skip 2, and 1 is my preference, but 3 has a lot of potential to be awesome, just as 1 has potential to be uninteresting if you don't do it right. The key is characters. Give us good characters and even the most cliche story can be lovable. :wink:

Hope that helps!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:40 pm
Snoink says...

Don't ever censor yourself because you don't want to offend people.

With that said, China and Germany is a bad idea, but that's the most interesting idea you have. Good luck with that!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling