z

Young Writers Society

Opinion on new idea

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 pm
Extraterrestial says...

hey i've got this new idea about this guy with amnesia and he dosn't no who he is, but i'm not sure if i should write in 1st person or 3rd person. Give your views here. Or pm.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:35 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

I think we'd need a little more detail to give you any advice. Such as genre and a little about his personality.

How bad is his amnesia, is he going to remember things in bits and pieces? How confused is he?

You have to remember that first person is 'I', so the writing will have to reflect his mind. Because he has amnesia, it might be very cool to see how he thinks as he struggles through things.

On the other hand, there might be an advantage to watching him from a distance. I can't explain that at the moment, it really would depend on the character. =P

Dunno if that help any at the moment.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 pm
Aedomir says...

I tell you what could work, he meets someone who says they are related to him, but he doesn't believe it. Both people could do pieces in first person/.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 pm
Extraterrestial says...

Hey thanks for the advice, i'll see if it works in 3rd person. But do you reckon that it could work if i did both or would that be too confusing

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:33 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

If you did both, then they would need to center around different characters. ex: the third person would center around the man who if following you MC in an attempt to defeat him. and the First person around the MC. In a way, the first person would become a sort of 'journal'. =P
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming