z

Young Writers Society

Fleet

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:36 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Just to let you all know I am not abandoning my other story The Chronicles of Oblivion. I just recently got another story idea and decided to put Oblivion on hold for a while. This story, whose working title is Fleet, is not a series, or set in a fantasy world (for the most part at least), and just seemed like a novel i'm more capable of writing right now. I'm still working the storyline out in my head, but i'll post more of what it's about later. *sigh* I probably don't know what i've gotten myself into, but it's too late now. My characters already won't leave me alone.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:01 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Oh cool... Good luck with it (and with Oblivion too). Characters not leaving you alone is a positive thing, I guess. :D

34 Reviews

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:29 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Gah! Outlining is hard even for a story not completely set in a fantasy world. Although it might be just as or even more difficult because it does involve several other worlds I have to figure out, seeing as I haven't really gone into what they look like yet. And tons of creatures unique to each world....oh crap, i'm starting to think i'm even worse off than I was with Oblivion. Oh well, i'll figure it out. Soon i'll be posting a list of main characters. I'd do it now, but i'm still working on the appearance of one and i'd like to include discriptions, but it's coming soon.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:01 pm
Myth says...

Good luck with outlining. How about providing a brief summary of Oblivion or Fleet [if you have any ideas on it, sounds like sci-fi to me]?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:25 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

A Short Summary of Fleet:
Fleet is set in modern times (at least modern enough to have the CIA around), and during the past few years strange creatures have been appearing, seemingly out of nowhere, and are murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent people for unknown reasons. This has thrown most of the world into anarchy, where few children reach their tenth birthday and no one goes anywhere without a gun. The story is centered around a sixteen year-old girl named Anna, who attends a small boarding school in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. Her parents were killed by the mysterious creatures when she was fourteen, and her only living relative is her uncle, whom she hates. The only person she will even speak to is a former teacher who lives near the school named James, who was a close friend of her fathers. The story gets interesting when strange things start appearing in photographs Anna takes in the woods....

And you'll have to wait for me to start posting the story to find out the rest (which could take a while).

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:28 am
Chinadoll says...

I get what youre saying... the characters wont leave you alone. Most nights thats the reason why I'm typing away at 4 and 5 am
What discontent silence gathers...

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:52 am
Goldenheart says...

I love your plot! It's original and interesting, and I'm sure it's a great read! Suspense, emotion, a dash of fantasy. Delicious!
'The chronicles of Oblivion' is a riveting name! However did you think of it? I've the hardest time constructing titles. You must have a gift.

I only wish I was able to type at 4 in the morning! I'm always too frightened of waking anyone up. I usually jot down my thoughts on a notepad, but then I forget about it and it sits there for an eternity.... (Sniff!)
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica