z

Young Writers Society

Curiosity

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:04 pm
Samara says...

Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
Kylee has never been exactly like everyone else, but she doesn't realize how different she is until she enrolls in public high school after years of homeschooling. She is painfully aware that she is the only girl who doesn't wear makeup, likes veggie burgers and mineral water for lunch, and takes photos of the flagpole during free period. In the process of finding her way through the madness of the social hierarchy, Kylee meets people who want her to change, people who treat her like scum - and people who fall in love with her, exactly the way she is. (It's a horrible summary, but that's the gist of it.)

Touch of Fire
I never should have agreed to it. I mean, seriously, what was I thinking? I had my entire day planned out - potato chips and a coke, Boy Meets World, maybe some solitaire. It was a lonely day, but I was ok with that. I was looking forward to that. But they ruined my plans.

Long story short, I went swimming at the river, with a couple of kids I hardly knew and never talked to. One thing led to another, I got mad, I left, I heard the thundering of a thousand tons of water hitting the rocks...and I spilled over the edge of the world.

Now I don't know where I am. I am bleeding, and I can't stop bleeding. There are people with me and I don't know who they are. There are voices that tell me to kill, to sleep, to die. And there is fire...fire that burns but doesn't burn...and it's calling me...

Defective
“D” stands for Defect, in case you didn’t know. And no, it isn’t a computer virus, it isn’t a car that won’t run. A Defect is a person. A person with impurities in their genes, in their blood. Impurities like an oddly shaped birthmark, strange-colored eyes, a nose that’s too big, teeth that are crooked. You get the idea. Of course, there aren’t a whole lot of Ds left in the world. We’ve been weeded out, slowly but surely, by the bio-monitors and by mothers who just decided that they didn’t want a brown eyed baby or a toddler who didn’t learn to talk until they were three. And the government goes along with it, even encourages it, because what we’re producing is a race of seemingly perfect people. Supermodels with long thick flowy hair, with higher-than-average IQs, with beautiful faces and beautiful bodies.

But perfection isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Because the average people are dying for it.
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."
~Me referring to Ashton Kutcher.

"I think the dragon should eat him."
~My boyfriend referring to Eragon

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:52 pm
snap says...

They all sound really good. The first two I would definitely pick up and buy, the third I might leaf through a bit, but would probably end up buying it as well. The last sounded a bit like the Ugly Trilogy, but not terribly so. :) I'd be seriously interested in critiquing any of these, if you so wanted. :)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

20 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:21 pm
View Likes
Samara says...

cool :) thanks for the input. Defective is on the sci-fi board, and i haven't had the heart to put up the other two yet. but i might. if people are interested. I'd really love feedback, especially on Touch of Fire. the plot twists in that are nuts and having another brain helping me with them could come in handy lol.
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:01 pm
Writersdomain says...

The second one looks most interesting to me...

then, of course, I love fire, so that might have something to do with it.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

20 Reviews

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:16 pm
Samara says...

:D yay for fire.

*cries into coffee*
— LadyLizz