z

Young Writers Society

... Of Playing Around With Daggers...

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:59 pm
Esmé says...

Uhm. Ekhem.

I have written a lot of books. Loads and loads, stacks and stacks. Sounds impressive? It isn’t. Cause I never finish anything. Anything.

*Woe is me*

Currently Working On: Lissie Darkest - Saving Tiddles
Progress: None. Part one posted, but there’s nothing more, lol. No outline, no more parts, no ideas (well, a bunch of them…)

Let us expand that. And try again. (Trying being the first step toward failure, but what the heck…)

Progress:

I have decided to cheat. *Is happy* Well, it’s not exactly cheating if you’re stealing your own work, yes?

Anyhow, I found Chapter One of this book I was working on a few months ago (vampire book, lol), and I am totally in love with it. Cheezy. I know, I need to get some self-criticism. So I’ll jus say that I liked it. And so, with minor corrections and changes, it will be posted sometime as ‘Lissie Darcesrty - Saving Tiddle’.

Note, though, that I do not know anything about the plot. So the title is a bit random, lol. No, but Tiddles (a teddy bear) will play a nice, big-ish role. Who doesn’t love teddy bears.

While we’re at it, I’ll shamelessly advertise my it-will-be-finished new writing project. The first part is up, and can be found in the Fantasy section. Or, I’ll just post the link, yes? *Joy*

Oh, and just a fun fact. As of yet, I have no plot whatsoever. I have half of part two typed up, and the excerpt from the vamp project. *Raises eyebrow*

And before I forget: Big, big, big-ish thank yous go to the people who critted my work: PenguinAttack, Fantasyartist and Vernon. (Doesn’t it just rock to be mentioned? Lol, just kidding). Also, if you crit my work, I’ll most probably crit yours. If somehow I don’t, feel free to PM me and bug me about it.

Anyway, question for those who have read and critted, and those who have read and not critted (I love you, too): Should I really change the POV? But then it’ll be… childish? Weird? The POV of a six-year-old?

Also, have this problem. A poem. A song, whatever. Michael’s role in part 2, lol. I’m currently writing that, and it is… weird. I think I’ll post it in the Other Poetry (like, my second post!) or here. I’m no poet, so the results might be quite catastrophic. Yeah.

Linky-links:
- part # 1: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post257766.html#257766
- Michae'ls chant: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic21297.html (Would love ya if you told me what you think about it!)

Cheers,
Esme
Last edited by Esmé on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 pm
View Likes
Fan says...

Yay, I'm mentioned! *feels loved*

As to your question, in my personal opinions, I don' think that you should have it in first POV of a child because it would mean that the writing would come out rather child-like and most people here are teenagers. Just my two pence.

~Fan~

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 pm
Alainna says...

Hm.....I was wondering if you had an ongoing piece of work.

Give me a week and I promise to crit as much as you've posted (although my crits may be pointless if others have gotten there first!!).

Best of luck with this story- keep at it!

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:50 pm
PenguinAttack says...

Hehee Mentioned! Woot.

I like the Point of View! Writing from Michaels view is a wonderful change from other characters, such a new perspective on the whole thing!

I also loved your poem for Michael! ( I crit that too btw hehe )

You're doing a wonderful job and I cannot wait to read more!...More I say! :p

Keep it up and don't lose hope ^.^

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:15 pm
Esmé says...

I love you all! *Hugs*

Also, Penguin - thanks for the crit on the poem ever so much :)

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.