Is not looked upon
as clean, even for a barn
But hey, what can I say
That’s just our way
and it works fine
for all the swine
so I’m proud
to oink
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the barnyard
on a cloudless day
the mud getting hard
but wallowing anyway
The day is peaceful
and fairly normal
with a belly full
to sleep I fall
"You know how writers are... they create themselves as they create their work. Or perhaps they create their work in order to create themselves."-Orson Scott Card
Cats are awesome! So are books!so obviously; catslikebooks2!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:01 am
Justagirl says...

Cute poem.

This has great rhyme scheme but you really need to add punctuation. Also, look through it and read it out loud two or three times to make sure that it all rhymes well.

Good job :wink: and good luck in your contest.

Keep writing,
Alzora
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:56 am
Cailey says...

I agree, this was cute. :) There are places where your rhyming doesn't rhyme... so you should try and find some better rhymes. And yes, punctuation would be nice... I liked how the lengths of your lines made a little picture, well not really a picture, a triangle, you know what I mean. :D It was cute, and I don't have much to comment on. So, that's all I have to say. :)
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:51 am
Snoink says...

Aw, these poems are so cute! I prefer the second one, just because it pretty much oozes tranquility. And, in a philosophical sense, it's more interesting as well. After all... even though the mud becomes hard, it is still possible to enjoy peace by wallowing in what you can enjoy. A nice metaphor for the problems in life. A lovely sentiment! Anyway, basically I loved this. :)

The first one was nice too, but it felt a little bit defensive at the same time, since the pig was saying that this wasn't clean according to what everybody said. But, it had the word "oink" in it, so I am happy!

Anyway, nice stuff! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:55 am
joshuapaul says...

Ha -- brilliant!

Is this for Snoinks competition? In any case this is great.

That’s just our way
and it works fine
for all the swine
so I’m proud
to oink

I couldn't help but smile here. Nice work!

P.S. - I am a relative poetry newbie; does this conform to an established style of poetry? Or is this a unique structure?
Read my latest

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:12 am
TheModernist says...

This was great. I love little poems like these. I have to say that I feel like punctuation wouldn't make much of a difference. The spacing and capitalization helps pace it along. As far as the first one goes, I'm inclined to read it with a slight gangster-ish inflection which is great: the pig has some attitude.

For the second one...I would place a period there. And up to there that's is a great and pointed poem, it has meaning to it. The rest feels a little stretched and almost unnessecary plus the rhyme falls short. Up until the period I think you have a very poetic thought

In the barnyard
on a cloudless day
the mud getting hard
but wallowing anyway(.)
The day is peaceful
and fairly normal
with a belly full
to sleep I fall
There's no rain there's no me, I'm tellin' ya man sure as shit. - From Poem by Jack Kerouac

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:18 am
davidechoe13 says...

at least its not about death :) smiley still guards!!!
Think of the vastness of a story, What happens when the main character is not around?

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14