z

Young Writers Society

Abyss of Broken Dreams

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:08 pm
JPaulAK says...

An abyss of broken dreams, hidden in the depths of hate, among the heartless, forgotten and broken.
Shouting, Screaming, Unheard and alone in the company of themselves. Self-contained war, waged atop a plateau of shattered hope. Giving in to the darkness and breaking free of false hope.

Inches from death, miles from life, yet alive; Black hearts bleeding of wishful white blood, filling up the shallow trench of emotion in which constructs a sense of moral belief. Guidelines among the stars, written for the future, from the past and ever ignoring the present.

The one who looks on; asking for belief, the one who believes; asking for a savoir, the one saves; asking for death. Caught up in naught but emotionless entanglement, on the edge of the abyss. Hidden, a vicious cycle of deceased life among those who sell their mind away to the wretched grasp of societies knotted hand. Reject the norm, the savoir proclaims in silence, unnatural limbs torn at by that in which is unforeseen.

Broken dreams, desperate to be whole, to live out among the young and steer them down an unforeseeable future. Hidden in the depths of hate they may be, but guided by a light of joy, Destructive to only those who suppress its need, and itself. Shouting, Screaming, Unheard and alone are we in the everlasting war upon the plateau, hovering above the edge of the abyss forever in our deceased life.

Forgotten.
The normality of being different, the difference between the normalities.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:39 pm
LostMoment says...

That's really good! I love how you end it by just saying one simple word, yet it sounds so powerful! I love the descriptiveness of it all aswell, well done :)
"You don't get another chance... Life is no Nintendo game''(8)

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:44 pm
craz33me says...

Did you intend for it to be that format?

I would suggest a different one, but only because that's my own personal preference.
But other than that I liked it.

Sincerely,
Ciara<3
"Love is a lot like playing the piano, at first you play by the rules, but eventually you begin to play by the heart."

Follow me on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/craz33me
Skype me! Geek33pikachu

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:31 am
AngelKnight900 says...

To start off,

The one who looks on; asking for belief, the one who believes; asking for a savoir, the one saves; asking for death.

is my favorite line. It just reached out to me. Lol. I really liked this poem but the format is what I'm not so sure of. It might throw some people off but then again, its your poem. I really enjoyed this poem and I could feel the power behind the poem. Keep writing.
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:29 am
brittistenten says...

So true... I think thats how most people feel, they can act like they love life but truely feel lost inside. You should keep up the good work.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:35 am
Kale says...

Like craz33me, I'm wondering if you intended this poem to be formatted this way, or if the text editor ate your line breaks. If you did intend this poem to be more prose-like, then there's a couple of odd capitalizations that really stand out as feeling out of place. There's also how the language itself doesn't strike me as being particularly poetic.

Since prose poems lack the benefit of formatting to signal that they're poems, the rely wholly on the language and poetic devices used within. I'm really not seeing either poetic language or devices.

What I do see are some misspellings and misused words, combined with overly-wordy metaphors. Rather than say "sell their mind away to the wretched grasp", "sell their minds to the wretched grasp" means the exact same thing, only clearer and more concisely.

The more distance there is between elements, the less of an impact they have; considering that one of poetry's main goals is to impact the reader, lessening the impact of your piece by using unnecessary words really weakens your piece.

I recommend making this more concise, to strengthen the words you already have, before incorporating more poetic devices and language.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

This looks like a really bad episode of Green Acres.
— David Letterman