z

Young Writers Society

New Word Contest Entry

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:57 pm
Camulaeus says...

Chaquet- (noun) A small gathering of persons with a malicious intent, such as to inflict physical or mental harm, vandalize property, spread lies, etc.

Examples: The Prince slept, blissfully unaware of the chaquet of assassins scaling the wall outside his bedroom.

The monsters inside the child's closet are a chaquet driven on terrorizing the poor boy.

Liam pulled the trigger, killing he who was once his best friend and thus earning him acceptance into the chaquet of gangsters who lived on his street.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:28 pm
View Likes
misstoria says...

When I clicked on this link I was surprised to find an entry like this, but it grew on me. It was clever of you to write short little stories as your example. They gave little glances as to the meaning, but also showed creativity.
Chaquet- (noun) A small gathering of persons with a malicious intent, such as to inflict physical or mental harm, vandalize property, spread lies, etc.

Examples: The Prince slept, blissfully unaware of the chaquet of assassins scaling the wall outside his bedroom.

The monsters inside the child's closet are a chaquet driven on terrorizing the poor boy.

Liam pulled the trigger, killing he who was once his best friend and thus earning him acceptance into the chaquet of gangsters who lived on his street. OI would change the wording of this line. Since it talks about gangsters I would right this line with a more laid back feel.

Other than the correction on the last line, it's perfect! Keep Writing! -Tori
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:10 pm
Calligraphy says...

Can I use these in my next novel? ^_^

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Camulaeus says...

I'd be honored :)
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins