Commiserating,
Angers the proud me within.
Give me empathy.
"Simplicity provides a fine line between eloquence and plain"

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:38 pm
MasterGrieves says...

Not every haiku has to be just 3 lines. Use this structure for other stanzas next time.
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:25 pm
Taxi says...

I don't know exactly why, but this Haiku gives me encouragement. I think it starts off on a very powerful note; "commiserating" is really hard-hitting! I apologize for not being of much help, as I'm an absolute newbie when it comes to Haiku, but I like this one.

156 Reviews

Reviews: 156
Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:27 am
KatTrain says...

Perfect Irony.

Kudos.
So, a dyslexic man walks into a bra....

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hello.

Very interesting piece. As others have pointed out, it has a nice irony to it once you look up the meaning of the words. You've managed to hit the structure rather well.

What I really like is that you differentiated between "sympathy" and "empathy" here. While the difference is subtle, it wraps up very nicely in this particular poem. Getting sympathy or pity angers you, while feeling empathy generates an understanding.

In this way, you've really done a haiku that encompasses what a haiku should be in its highest forms: a very deep poem in as few words as humanly possible. Picking a very long word for the beginning might've alienated some readers, but it's just such a good word I wouldn't change it.

Nice work.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy