That they would never forget,
Their friendship,
Their love,
But that promise was broken,
For they had,
Forgotten.
"With everything that has been left unsaid,
They go with the tears you shed."
Don't shed your tears,for your words should not be left unsaid.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:16 am
live1out2loud7 says...

I think that the idea is great, but it could have been written a little better. It seems like you tried to rhyme it in some places and then not in other places. Also, it has kind of a strange beat to it. You might also want to add another stanza. I think that if you change it just a little bit it could be a really great poem but it still needs some work. Great job and keep at it!
Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now. So does avoiding homework and creeping around YWS!

Want a poem reviewed?
viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96651

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:12 am
creativityrules says...

Hey there, Demib! I'm Rose, and I'll be reviewing this piece today!

First off, I love this piece. It's very simple but still gets its point across. In fact, the best thing about it is its simplicity; it's stark, which makes it leave an impression. However, I do have some suggestions that I feel will improve future works of yours as well as this one.

A promise was made
between a man
and a woman.
They both promised that
they would never forget
their friendship,
their love.
But that promise was broken,
for they had
forgotten.

The capitalization and punctuation in this piece was very off. Remember, if you wouldn't put a comma or capitalize a word if it was being written in normal sentence form and not as a poem, don't capitalize or punctuate it here. Pertaining to the structure of this piece, I'm not sure whether it's right or not. I'm not an expert poet, nor do I claim to be. However, I'm sure one of the more advanced poets on this site would be happy to help you with the structure if you asked them.

In future pieces, I would suggest trying to use words that are more unique. While you pulled off the simplicity of this poem, it was short, and the same approach would've made a longer poem boring. Be sure to make your writing different than what other people are doing so that's it memorable.

Great work! Always keep writing!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:18 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

I think my problem with this is that, when you have such a short piece, you need to make it clever. This is fine as it is, but it lacked any real emotional connection with the reader. My other little tiny nitpick would be the fact that you punctuate after every line, a common misconception when the reality is that you really only need it when you need it. This poem is nice and definitely has some potential, but I really would've liked to see this go somewhere different to give it a little uniqueness.
Keep writing,
StoryWeaver
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19