audacity,
Fear,
Stress,
Delight.

What more could you possibly need,
Your entire life revolves around me.

I ask you again…
What am I? What am I?
Last edited by soccerstar17 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
He who laughs last, should do so from a safe distance.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm
AstridBartleby says...

A dream?
"Think: who has vans, huh? Soccer moms and serial killers." - Libba Bray Going Bovine

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:41 pm
kaylamarie004 says...

I really like this poem because it has potential and I can relate to it. What I also like most about it, is that it stands the test of time. Which means that in 10 years, people will still be able to have a connection to it and get the same vibe that you are trying to offer in this poem. However, as much as I liked it, I dislike that you changed the rythmn every now and then. It kind of messes up the poems flow while your reading and it was easy to lose track of what you were talking about. Overall, it was a good piece of poetry.
- Kayla

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:39 pm
Angelreader77 says...

I like this poem a lot! It's more of a riddle like you said. There isn't a proper flow or rhythm to this piece though. I would, if I could, call this just a riddle. *
Read spoiler
Spoiler! :
And I think it's: love. Love is a verb and a noun. If you think of love, you're lost. It makes you fell all emotions you can possibly feel. It whirls your mind around. And yes, your entire life revolves around it.
On this aspect, if the answer is love, you description is amazing. The words you've used to describe it are relative but a sort of metaphor. I really like that you didn't mention what the answer was. It adds more to the poem. The riddle is awesome but really, I love it. xD

Hope it helped!
-Angel :D
Although my entire review depends on whether my answer was right xD
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:50 pm
soccerstar17 says...

Thanks for your reviews! This was just kind of a "spur of the moment" type thing. I am glad you liked it.
Spoiler! :
It is love, but dream would work too :)

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:01 pm
lili024 says...

It is a great poem! I think it is dream. I don't think to be or not to be is a great title for your poem but the rest is perfect!

Lili
[insert clever signature here]

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 pm
soccer9angelvb says...

I loved your poem! It really made you think outside the box for the answer. I, personally, was clueless until I read the other reviews and then it made perfect sense. It's an awesome metaphor. You did a great job finding new descriptions. However, some phrases rhymed and some didn't, so it kind of seemed off balance. I also agree that the title doesn't really connect with it. If your life revolves around it then how could it not to be?? I think it's a great poem. Loved it!!!! :)
Go GREEKS and ROMANS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Random avatar

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm
Vicky17 says...

I really like your poem and especially the repetition of what am I at the end. I don't know why but it makes it a bit more childish but in a good way :D

11 Reviews

Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:30 am
soccerstar17 says...

I changed the title. Is it better? If not, any suggestions?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:05 pm
soccer9angelvb says...

I love your new title! I liked your old one too, but this one ties it all together. It connects to the poem way better than the old one did. Love your poem again, again, and again! <3
Go GREEKS and ROMANS !!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:39 am
ladymarmalade says...

Really interesting. Definetly caught and kept my attention. Of course it's fairly obvious what it is (not a bad thing at all), but it explains all the factors dreams really bring to us, and what they're made of. All in all I really liked this. Nicely done. :)

The first draft is a trip to the amusement park. The next drafts are returning there as a safety inspector.
— SunsetTree