The answer is not key.
The question neither.
Who am I?
Who are you.

I am no one.
You are gone,
We are the same.
Who am I?
**Lifes not about playing it safe, its about taking risks, because you never know what you'll find, and living every day to the fullest, because it will never be repeated**

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:08 am
beautyOFwriting says...

I don't know who you are, but FANTASTIC poem! I loved every single word of it. Who you are is an amazing poet! Keep writing i will definetly read it. :D :) :smt001 :smt003 :mrgreen:
[center][right][center][s][small-caps][/small-caps][/s][/center][/right][/center][color=#BF00BF][color=#BF00BF][color=#BF00BF][size=150][/size][/color][/color][/color][b][i]BeautyOFwriting[code][list=][*][img][url][color=#8000FF][/color][/url][/img][/list][/code][/i][/b]

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:26 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi, Amber! Just a few quick thoughts, here - I like using "who am I?" as a refrain quite a bit, but I'm not sure you have enough to fill in the rest of the poem. Like, I think you'd have a stronger poem if a few more stanzas looked like your third stanza, which I like, and I find much more effective than many of your others. The imagery helps your audience visualize a bit more, and draws them in far better than just rhetorical questions/statements.

The one item that really stood out to me was your punctuation/grammar usage. I wasn't sure what to do with it - you aren't consistent in capitalizing "I," and you don't use apostrophes in your contractions. If you do one or the other (no punctuation or minimal and no caps/apostrophes), I can fly with it, but doing both I don't think works.

Anyway! You have some good framework to build on, you just gotta keep plugging away at it! Play with some of your other stanzas, and see if you can inject a bit of imagery, clean up your punctuation use a bit, and see what you end up with!

Happy editing!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:05 pm
noninjaes says...

Hey Amber.
I like the thoughts behind this poem, especially how it brings in to question how things can change someone.
Though, what I don't really like is the short lines in the stanzas. Mixed in with the repeating of "Who am I", it seems like your lacking potential content. Now, the third stanza was excellent. You really had the content there.
Your grammar needs fixing. Inconsistent capitals and lack of contractions where required are off putting. Also, in the sixth stanza, "People who betray." and "People who leave." you've got there. It would be better if you replace those two full stops with either hyphens or semi-colons.
You have an excellent base built up here. Just play with the wording of the stanzas and add a bit of imagery as well as fixing up the grammar and you will be good to go!
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it.
— Christopher Darlington Morley