z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 pm
View Likes
Cithara says...

niteowl, that is happening to me as well. I keep clicking on the notification and it's still coming back up as unread!!

Edit: it's always switching my coin amount back and forth
Last edited by Cithara on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:11 pm
Caesar says...

once again on the topic of it being slow, these new posts haven't been displayed to me until now.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:25 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Important

To clear up all issues, please empty your browser's cache (only need to clear the past 12 hours) or temporarily switch to a new browser for two hours.

Alternatively, you can force a refresh of a page by hitting ctrl + F5.

What's going on

An update to the server changed the caching configuration last night. I've fixed the issue, but the fixes won't show up for pages already cached in your browser until that cache expires (2 hours).

Edit

It's been more than two hours now, so all issues should be cleared up. Sorry for the tremendous inconvenience this has caused.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:31 pm
crossroads says...

...any idea how to empty it on iPad?
I'll be away for next few hours anyway, but I've been curious about this for a while already. I looked around in settings and places, but I don't recall finding that option, and it seems to be solving a lot of things.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:38 pm
Nate says...

To clear the cache for Safari on iPhone / iPad, go to Settings then to Safari and then look for clear cache.

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:56 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The issue should now be completely resolved. If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know either through this thread or via PM. I apologize for the tremendous inconvenience this has caused.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 pm
Caesar says...

more than a tremendous inconvenience I found it mildly amusing, to be honest ^^
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:19 pm
tinny says...

Nate wrote:@tinny, unfortunately only IE 10+. However, if you run into anything that makes the site un-usable, definitely let me know.

The new buttons on walls don't work. I can check likes, but I can't like anything, reply, delete messages, warn(???) etc etc. It doesn't render the site un-useable as such, but it's the only thing I've found so far that doesn't have some kind of workaround.

EDIT: outside of waiting until I'm out of work and back home on chrome, at least.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:15 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@tinny, I've gone ahead and made a change that'll allow IE8 users to access the features you stated.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:17 pm
tinny says...

Thanks @Nate!
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:47 pm
niteowl says...

So I don't think the big blue "1 new message" box is popping up for me when I get a PM. I've received two PMs in the last few days that I wasn't aware of until I checked my main email (I still have email notifications sent when I get a PM).

Windows 7 laptop running Google Chrome, latest version.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:35 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

I can't seem to log into the main chat room. When I try, it says "Authentication failed." After putting in my user info, it still doesn't connect. And then when I go back to the home page, it lists me as one of the users in the chatroom. Help? (My parents just put a filter on the browser, so I'm wondering if that's affecting it. Still testing on that end.)

Edit:
@Nate I changed the settings on the filter so it's supposed to allow both "chat" categories and YWS period, but it's still giving me the DC/ghosting problem. Not sure what's wrong (and really frustrated with it).
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 pm
Nate says...

@niteowl ->> I know with me, what sometimes happens is I'll click to the last post in a topic, and if I have a new message when I do so, I don't see the blue box just because the page skips to the bottom of the page. So that may be what's happened.

@dragonfphoenix ->> The way the chat works is each user actually has a different account for it. So what I've done is reset your chat account, and that may work. Let me know if you're still having a problem with it.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:29 pm
Asteria says...

@Nate,

I was pointed in this direction after making an inquiry about the chat located in the right-hand column? When I click on it, I'm unable to enter it at all, the chat saying my authentication was automatically failed, while prompting me for a username and password. After attempts to enter in my information, it's still saying it's incorrect.

Where I was told it's working fine for others, I thought I'd check here to make sure I wasn't missing a key detail? If it's not a bug, I do apologize, and thank you for your time, in advance.

ETA: Not the chatbar, as that's working perfectly, but the "Enter Chat Room" link itself that opens up another page? I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 8. Thus far, everything else on this site has worked perfectly.
"When tempest tossed, embrace chaos."
--Dean Koontz

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:47 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Asteria & @dragonfphoenix ->> Sorry about the issues with the chatroom! I found the root of the issue, and it was related to something I did yesterday. Managed to fix it, and everything should be working fine now. If you still run into an issue, just let me know. Thanks for reporting the bug and my apologies again :)

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat