z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 am
Zolen says...

Weird bug is logging me out of the site randomly, and than putting me back in without me having to put in the username and password.

Google Chrome, and Firefox are doing it.

So same thing.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:58 am
crossroads says...

...also now I'm getting really random notifications. It says 4, then as I click on them it says there's three new messages in a DT, and one new message here (I'm subscribed to this thread, yes). As I click on the DT link, it shows me messages which I already saw and nothing new. As I click on this one, it sends me to previous page and Judas' last post, without even showing that there's a page 47, or that myself or Zolen ever made any new posts. When I reload, the thread shows normally, but the notifications reappear - either 4 again, or 1, which is again for this thread and the same thing happens as I click on it.

edit 2 - I edited this post once already and now as I clicked to edit it again, it's not showing in the text field, so I have no idea if it will actually be showing or not. Edit 1 was the following: clicking on the 1 notification now shows Zolen's post as last, but not my own.

Also, on the side where I should see new posts, I see Judas's as the last one. The Info Desk says that I wrote the last post here, and so does it say when I just look at this thread, but as I actually click on it, it shows me Zolen's post as last, and it doesn't show me my own till I reload the page <.<

...edit 3 - As I tried editing the second time (and the first edit disappeared), and then posting this, it treated it as if I wrote it at the same time as my last post, and as if my last post was posted in the meantime.
It told me this:
This post has been altered by another user while you were editing it. You may wish to review the current version of this post and adjust your edits.

I'm confused.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:07 pm
View Likes
Snowery says...

Yeah, I'm getting phantom notifications aswell, and it seems sometimes that even when I refresh the page on the notifications page it doesn't go away :/

I think @Aquestioning and @Lumi are having problems aswell.

Edit

Okaay so it seems that these notifications may not be entirely "phantom" after all. It actually seems like he actual notifications are taking longer to show than the actual notifications themselves.

For example: It kept saying I have 4 then 6 then 7 notifications but when I'd check there would be nothing there, then after sometime when I checked again all 7 notifs appeared.
Last edited by Snowery on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The World Is Mine.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:30 pm
Zolen says...

It's being strangely predictable, for example if I go click the home icon I am logged in, people I am logged out, books I am logged in, messages does not seem to change anything, sb logs me out, anything on the 'me' section logs me out. Also all my post seem to randomly disappear, this seems almost intentional given how predictable all the oddities are.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:45 pm
Sassafras says...

Oh okay. Finally found this forum. Glad to know everyone is suffering too.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

117 Reviews

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:51 pm
crossroads says...

xD For me all tabs say 1 notif, People says 3 and SBs say 0.. Also, when it shows me messages, I have to go to the messages tab and then reload the page, and only then will the PMs actually show.
- they/them -

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:57 pm
Arcticus says...

Noticed this -

(Firefox 29.0.1
Windows 7)

- I keep getting the notifications I've already read and it behaves all strangely until I clear them.

- Even if someone replies back with a single comment on a status update, I get multiple notifications for that one comment.
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Caesar says...

interestingly, it seems the information desk is being slow to update.

when in actuality there have been three or four more posts after that.

edit:

information desk, you're drunk.

edit edit:

wow actually clicking the link there that brings you to the post in question brings me to Sis' post right there, and furthermore yws acts as if there have been no posts after that one (which there have). I have to access the thread from the page number for it to display correctly.

further edit, yws refused to display the edits on these posts until I closed it and emptied the caches. how fun.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:18 pm
Auxiira says...

I'm starting to get the ghost notifications too. 5 for this thread, when I'd already cleared the notifications >.>
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 pm
Shadowlight says...

I'm getting Ghost notifications too. I had 11 even after I deleted all of them.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:43 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Me too. I' keep getting 17 notifications even though I already cleared them.

Also I can't go to the peoples tab. It keeps saying I need to login for it, and then I click on the sign in, and it just logs me back in without me doing anything, goes to the front page, and then I try it again, and it goes through the same thing.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

117 Reviews

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:46 pm
crossroads says...

AriaAdams wrote:xD For me all tabs say 1 notif, People says 3 and SBs say 0.. Also, when it shows me messages, I have to go to the messages tab and then reload the page, and only then will the PMs actually show.

I'm gonna expand on this - Whatever page I open, I need to refresh it before it shows any new content. This is so for user control panel as well as the main site, forums, specific forums.. everything. I'd say that's our solution for now..?

Also, Bro explained (with pictures!) pretty much the same thing I said above, so I suppose we can take it it's all the same for everyone.
- they/them -

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:13 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I've also got the "1 Notification" on every tab except the home one, and if I click on the notifs, it gives me 5. And some things aren't updating, like the people tab. It's not showing me the latest status updates unless I refresh it.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:20 pm
turtlethatroars says...

Well, unlike all these other users I am not getting ghost notifications. I am however, confused by this:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.92 KiB) Viewed 123 times

It's not showing me actual users and whenever I click on them, YWS can't find the link or it's under construction.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:25 pm
niteowl says...

I only had one notification, but it keeps showing up after I clear it like previous complaints.

Windows desktop and Firefox, if that helps things.

EDIT 2: Well now I'm not seeing the first edit (which said it's also happening with forum posts), but I just noticed that I'm not seeing things I would normally get notes for (someone commented on my wall and a new post in a club). But the old one is still popping up.

EDIT 3: New notes did show up. Not sure how/why.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown