z

Young Writers Society

Temple of Innocence

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:40 am
mystical*dragons says...

Sorry people...

I have to take this piece off, because I'm submitting it to a contest. Wish me luck!
Last edited by mystical*dragons on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:48 pm
Cassandra says...

This is the only part I didn't like:
Come, take my hand, and let me take you to another world. Yes, I'll take you to my world; I want you to be a part of it.

It just seemed so...cliche? And for me, it didn't fit in with the rest of the piece.

But besides that...Wow. I really liked it. Great work.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:49 pm
Rei says...

Meh, love stories are all cliche.

This was very beautifully written. The language was strong. It was all very indirect, yet very clear and understandible. I love it!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:12 pm
Dream Deep says...

Gorgeous, mystical!

The imagery was beautiful... this absolutely floored me. I LOVE it. I give you a 10 out of an undisputed 10. ^_^

Delicate, intriguing, alluring... and ultimately with a message very well done. :P

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:36 am
Sam says...

All right! So, I shall rant for a bit and then...you WILL enjoy it. :wink:

STUFF YOU DID WELL:

- AMAZING imagery- indeed, very eloquent and pretty. Especially for what basically amounts to a sex scene. :P

But...you've heard that much already, so I assume you don't need me to elaborate.

- I also really did like that you did create a sort of haunting effect, even if the plot was fairly simple. It was short, but your audience is going to remember it.

STUFF THAT COULD USE A SECOND LOOK:

- The comment about the 'anklets hinting songs of the ancient' doesn't make a whole lot of sense- unless you're referring to the sound they make against the marble. I would mention that, in any case- otherwise it's just a lot of words for no real purpose.

- If you're hiding from evil, you're also probably hiding from the equivalent of Satan. Redundancy isn't good when you're going for the whole pretty, flowy aspect of prose. :wink:

- Fairy-ness is an awkward and sort of 'Well, I didn't know what else to put' phrase for a guy who's really had no problem with words up to this point. I'd change that phrase.

Well! Not much else to say, but you most definitely deserve a cookie. Or at least some points...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

"would you still love me if i was a worm" yeah babe i would AND id get you your own compost bin so we could enter gardening competitions together
— Corvid