z

Young Writers Society

Make Believe

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:16 pm
mystical*dragons says...

I don’t know where I’m going. But I do know that I’m falling in love with you. I’ve tried to stop myself, but you’re pulling me deeper and deeper into this swirling sensation.

I know you don’t feel anything for me. Maybe lust, I’m not even sure of that. I do know that you’re not in love with me. We’re just friends, with a bit of mischievous flirtation between us. That is all that connects us.

You’re on my mind every night, every day. I try not to think about you, I try not dream of us together. But you’re too intoxicating to resist. I want to take a risk and jump right into this exhilarating emotion. But a part of me is screaming at me, warning me against this decision.

What decision? There’s no decision to make, you haven’t even asked me out. And even if you do, I know it wouldn’t be anything special for you. But it’d be the most special moment for me. Being yours for a minute, you being mine, even if it isn’t real. I no longer know the difference between reality and imagination.

Sometimes I just want to let go of everything and tell you what’s on my mind. But you won’t take me seriously; you’ll just laugh at me. Or maybe you’ll indulge in my fantasies and give me something more to dream about. But I know there will be others too, and I don’t want to share. I want you to be mine, even if for just a minute, I want you to be mine solely.

I love you. Three simple words. You’ll say it to me, not meaning it for a second. But I’ll pretend that you mean it, and you’ll wrap your arms around me and kiss me. Satisfying your desire on me, if it wasn’t me then, it’d be some other girl. It doesn’t make a difference to you, for you we’re all pretty faces, curves and marshmallows.

But I’d ignore it all, and play ‘make believe’ games, pretending that you’re the one for me. Spend a few moments, relishing in your attention, basking in your warmth. You’re that glass of wine, if I drink you, I’ll have one too many and end up doing something I’ll regret later. But atleast I'll have a chance to kiss you.

But you’re so beautiful, and forbidden. I need you, for this one moment, I need you. I hate myself. I hate doing this to myself, I hate waiting all day for you to call, for just a few minutes. But those few minutes everyday are what make me want to live. You make me want to live, your meaningless words of praise, your ‘harmless’ flirting make me want to live. You make me feel special. But your flirting is harming me, and by indulging into it, I’m hurting myself more.

I can’t sleep, I can’t eat. I can’t even think of anything besides you. I’m so obsessed with you; I’m making a fool of myself. I know you’re laughing silently when we talk on the phone, thinking that you’ve got this girl head over heels in love with you. Yes, I am head over heels in love with you, but what you don’t know is that I know the games you’re playing with me. Yet, I continue playing dumb, because you’re giving me something no one else has ever given me.

I’m pampering myself with fantasies that will never come true to life. I’ve created a fairy tale. It’s about us, you’re the charismatic and handsome prince and I’m the gorgeous princess. You come to rescue me from the evil witch, and the moment we look at each other we fall in love. Love at first sight.

I wonder what you’ll think if I send you this to you. Will it matter to you? Or will you just laugh and delete it? Will you call me up, and tell me that I’m just being a fool? I don’t know what you’ll do, and it doesn’t matter, because I’m not going to send it to you. Instead, I’m going to send this to a bunch of random people, because it doesn’t matter what they think of me. What matters is what you think of me. I think I already know that, but I’ve always had this thing for ‘make believe’ games, and I’m not ready to let go of my fantasies yet.
....and so they lived happily ever after

moral: the faerie lies

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:12 am
Tazy says...

Loved it. It had a lot of emotion and it was short and sweet easy to read well writtten through and through.
Just belive and you will acheive!

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:30 am
Duskglimmer says...

First off, let me just start by saying that I enjoyed it. I think it was nicely done, but I do have a few comments.

I think you added a few too many elements into it. It felt to me like you were touching on all these different subjects and not really fully getting into any of them. If you'd just played up the make believe portion to it instead of adding in all these various things, I think it would have worked better.

Secondly, the part at the end about wondering what would happen if the MC had sent this to the boy, I really liked. But I think it would have been even better if you had set the entire thing up like an e-mail or a letter to make that flow more into it.

But other than that, I liked it. Nicely done.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

50 Reviews

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:02 pm
mystical*dragons says...

Thanks you guys!

Duskglimmer: Thanks for the suggestions, I'll work on it.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:54 pm
Kay Kay says...

I loved it. Good job on writing it. My favorite part was:

But you’re so beautiful, and forbidden. I need you, for this one moment, I need you. I hate myself. I hate doing this to myself, I hate waiting all day for you to call, for just a few minutes. But those few minutes everyday are what make me want to live. You make me want to live, your meaningless words of praise, your ‘harmless’ flirting make me want to live. You make me feel special. But your flirting is harming me, and by indulging into it, I’m hurting myself more.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

50 Reviews

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:55 pm
mystical*dragons says...

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you liked it. :D

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:12 pm
Angel17 says...

I love it. I can completely relate to it. It was beautiful. Wonderful work! :D
Real poetry are those with the best words in the best order

~~~~~~~~Mandy~~~~~~~~~

Random avatar

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:25 pm
FaLlEn_AnGeL_13 says...

It was really good and i enjoyed it alot. That must have really come from the heart cuz i know that people can't just invent that unless they really mean. Keep up the good work!! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:27 pm
Elizabeth says...

I really really... I LOVED THIS! *STEALS IT AND TAPES ON WALL TO WORSHIP*

I can realate to it, I love stories and poems and all that lovely jazz I can relate to. It was so beautiful!
Keep up the good work!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:39 am
Wiggy says...

Awesome job! All I would want to say has been said above...:D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:12 pm
Karma says...

Tazy wrote:Loved it. It had a lot of emotion and it was short and sweet easy to read well writtten through and through.

not much more that I can say...
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl