z

Young Writers Society

yay love

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:09 pm
drunky_punky says...

there were 3 young children and one day there mother died and the father not being able to care for the children married another woman who despised children. The woman took all the blankets away from the children at night so the children were freezing at night. one morning the stepmother woke up to the children awake and wrapped in a blanket she beat the children for disobeying her and locked the blankets in the chest. The same thing happened for the rest of the week so the stepmother stayed awake to find out how they were getting in the trunk. That night she stayed awake and at about 9.00 in the night a figure appeared walked over to the chest and took out the blankets wrapped them around the children and kissed them good-night. the figure turned around and the stepmother recognised the face of the children's birth-mother. the step mother left the house screaming and never returned.
the emo emu says: if i had arms i'd cut myself..... but as it stands i'll just gnaw off my leg!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:13 pm
Jennafina says...

This is an interesting idea, but right now it seems like more of a plot outline than an actual story, or a retelling of a myth or something.

Things you could do to fix that:

-Capitalize the first leffer of every sentence. That's an easy one.

-Make more paragraphs so it's easier to read.

-Add dialogue. What did the stepmother say to the kids when she met them? What did their father? What did they say to eachother?

-Have a better title. Or at least one at all. Be sure to capitalize the first letter of every non-conjunction word.

-Add characters. These don't seem like real people, but they would if they had names, personalities, descriptions of what they look like physically, a way of speaking, and some history to them. I don't know a thing about these kids, how am I suposed to feel sympathy when they are beaten? Why does the stepmother hate children? (Was she abused as a kid also?)

-Let's see some reactions, please. Where the kids scared when they saw their mother, back from the dead? Does the father know what his new wife is doing?

Anyway, it's a good start, but you just need to do some follow through. :) Good luck and keep writing!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:50 pm
RoxanneR says...

At the moment this is just an idea, or a story plan. With some more adjustments and a bit more care over capitalising the first letter of every sentence, and other grammer, such as the difference between 'they're', 'there' and 'their'.

Apart from that, it's a good idea.

RR*
Want a faithful critique? PM me!

Luv RR*

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:12 am
Elizabeth says...

*sniggers merciilessly*
I wrote like this in fourth grade. Are they teaching Writers Workshop anymore in School? Wow... Well they were in MN... interesting but... wow... That they're, there, their thing got me confused until like fifth grade... Well nice try on this.... I'm feel generous since it's my birthday, so I stopped laughing.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:48 am
Emerson says...

The story in general was interesting. Though it lacked a lot of story elements. Dialog, action, scenes, what ever else a story needs. (It's really late at night, forgive me.)

You need commas in some places like here:

there were 3 young children and one day there mother died and the father [comma] not being able to care for the children [comma]married another woman who despised children.

and you need to make sure not to repeat yourself:

he woman took all the blankets away from the children at night so the children were freezing at night.

Yes, you could certainly thicken up the story. Add some real story to it, not just the 'telling' You know? That would make it wonderful. Oh, and the ending could be better IMO. The Step mother should have killed the birth mother, and since I forgot the birth mother died, I wasn't scared by it and thought 'the step mother should have killed the mother' even though she was already dead! You see what I mean?

That, or it is the father because though he needs his new wife to keep a hold on the house hold he disagrees with her methods of raising children but will not disagree with her because she rules with such an iron fist, so to rebel he gives the children blankets.

Oh, one thing: What kind of uncaring jerk of a father would marry someone to help take care of the kids, if the woman didn't like kids in the first place?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:57 pm
drunky_punky says...

i would like to point out 2 those lovely people who have pm me it is a story outline DUUUHHH!!!
the emo emu says: if i had arms i'd cut myself..... but as it stands i'll just gnaw off my leg!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:44 pm
Emerson says...

Then perhaps you should tell us it is a story outline. And why are you showing us your story outline? It is not the actual story, so why should we be viewing it?

If you post something, you might want to tell us more about what it is and what you are expecting from replies. That way, we aren't left guessing.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard