z

Young Writers Society

Inside a broken mind...

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:27 am
ladydark says...

It was dark. Looking around, everything was rubble. The entire place lay in ruins, buildings had crumbled. Walls were completely destroyed, and the water beds dried out. The plants, brown and dead, or dying. As he walked to the center of the area, he found a small square with a pedestal in the very center. Maybe where a statue was once placed. However the statue was, like everything else, broken. The once the perfect image of a person, but only those who knew would ever be able to tell who the statue was meant to be.

Curled up at the foot of the statue was a small figure, a boy, more a young man. Sobbing inconsolably, repeatedly asking a question, that could never be satisfyingly answered "Why..?"
Last edited by ladydark on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:38 am
canislupis says...

It was dark. Looking around, everything was rubble. The entire place lay in ruins, buildings had crumbled. Walls were completely destroyed, and the water beds dried out. The plants, brown and dead, or dying. As he walked to the center of the area, he found a small square with a pedestal in the very center. Maybe where a statue was once placed. However the statue was, like everything else, broken. The once the perfect image of a person, but only those who knew would ever be able to tell who the statue was meant to be.

Curled up at the foot of the statue was a small figure,a boy, more a young man. Sobbing inconsolably, repeatedly asking a question, that could never be satisfyingly answered "Why..?"

This was pretty short. Not sure exactly what you wanted to do with this, but I think it has potential. could use a tad more description, and some lengthening. As it is, there isn't much of a plotline. Make something else happen!

I liked it. Could use some work, but could be very interesting.........

P.S. Love the siggy :)

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:54 am
Someguy says...

Okay, to tell you the truth, it was too short.
I dint know whar you were trying to do but okay.

The beginning, everything was destroyd. Where's the romance in this?

I wasn't really happy about this, sorry.
Look at my big shiny shell...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:47 pm
OutOfInk says...

I enjoyed it. I don't see what it has to do with romantic fiction but i thought it was prety cool. I would have posted it in Poetry...

"And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland