514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:35 am
JC says...

Stay up late and we’d talk all night,
In a dark room lit by the TV light,
Through all the hard times in my life,
Those nights kept me alive.

That’s just how it works sometimes. Words can’t be enough to describe what lyrics can do in a heartbeat. It’s the way songs just touch you in a way you thought was just out of reach.
It’s the magic of music.
Right about now I suppose you’re wondering what I’m up to this time. I don’t know myself, because as I’ve said before, no words can describe it. The words ‘I love you’ can’t do justice.
There’s always this one song that say’s exactly how you feel, and you listen to it. The magic sets in. You hear the words and your mind wanders to that one person. The person who holds your heart, the key that set the lyrics magic in motion.
Was it that first song? When you realized it was something for the very first time, a warmness of the soul.

I give my heart to you.
I give my heart ‘cause nothing can compare in this world to you.

Maybe it was another song, one less expected that made you think, just how much in love you really are.

As we walk down that isle together,
We will vow to be together ‘till we die,
So in love are we two,
Just can’t wait to say I do.
So in love.

I guess, what I’ve been trying to say is something I’ve been saying all along. There are no words or lyrics or quotes that can say it just right. Not even ones I can conjure up myself.
I love you, that’s the simple truth. With all that I am, I do.
From the first moment we spoke, I knew you were going to change my life for the better. Out of a dark place and into love. Yeah, I’ll take it.
I love you.

Those nights were ours. They will live and never die.

(Lyrics by Skillet, Avenged Sevenfold, and OC Times)
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:15 pm
biancarayne says...

It’s the way songs just touch you in a way you thought was just out of reach.

Mebbe you can do something about the repetition of "way" here.

The words ‘I love you’ can’t do justice.

That sentence feels incomplete.

The magic sets in. You hear the words and your mind wanders to that one person. The person who holds your heart, the key that set the lyrics magic in motion.

The repetition of magic again bugged me...and maybe an apostrophe after lyrics? I think it should be lyrics'...although I'm not Queen of Grammar so I could be wrong...

Was it that first song? When you realized it was something for the very first time, a warmness of the soul.

Another repetition...

As we walk down that isle together,

I think you mean aisle....I think...I might be wrong, but the isle you have here is that body of land surrounded on four sides by water...

I like the idea of it, a love that nothing can express, not all the love songs or love quotes in the world and I like what you tried to do with it...this was just a little confusing in parts to me...although again I can't say I'm entirely sure why I found it so but still...overall I did like this though!!

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:08 pm
Meep says...

This is so sweet. It reminds me of Snow Patrol's song, Chasing Cars. The sentiment is just so sweet and romantic, it's so nice to read.

That being said, I think you need to spend a little more time crafting your writing. Take the time to bring every sentence to it's full potential. In something this short and poetic, you need to make sure that every sentence shines and flows into the sentence after that. I think you've got a good start, but it could use some polishing up.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:47 am
Alteran says...

JCobsesed wrote:
There’s always this one song that say’s exactly how you feel, and you listen to it. The magic sets in. You hear the words and your mind wanders to that one person. The person who holds your heart, the key that set the lyric's magic in motion.

This was really nice. I'm kinda at a loss for what to say. It was very clear, the words were strong enough to put the message out there and have it mean something. A pleasent something to read.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

i like that the title of dr jekyll and mr hyde makes a clear stance that the embodiment of one’s own evil doesn’t get a claim to the doctorate
— waywardxwallflower