z

Young Writers Society

Pulling Me Under

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:59 pm
Mattie says...

This was done rather quickly, I may continue it I may not. There are quite a bit of mistakes, but try to get past them. I will correct, but I'd like to wonder what you think before doing so. Oh, and this is not a true story.

This is writing, directed toward the one boy I confided in with everything and loved. To the boy who broke my heart, but didn't mean to.

I loved you. I really did. And no matter what happens now that we aren't together, I'll never forget this past summer.

Two years ago, I came to this new town and new school and as I walked to my locker the first day, I watched as my feet lead me to where I was to be. I knew no one, and I felt really out of place. Until I got to 2nd period gym, and saw you there. Your black hair with those funny highlights, and your cute face. I felt it, then, just as I do now.

You came up to me and we talked; you made me laugh. And I felt a warmth run through me, a warmth that you feel when you're home. And it felt nice to have you there.

After my schedule got changed the second day I saw you sitting across from me in my new science class. I felt out of place but when I saw you smile at me and wave that funny wave you always do, I felt that warmth again. That home feeling.

And I liked you. After my seat got moved right next to yours, we'd sit and laugh the entire class and when we didn't do our homework, try not to smirk when we got yelled at. But you were always there for me.

And even after that, you started to stop and talk to me in the hall or come over and say hi at lunch, and I really just melted.

And off and on the feelings went while I saw other people, and you did too. And we knew we had those feelings, deep down they were always there.

And then came 9th grade. You got so much hotter over the summer, and I noticed it, despite the fact I was with my boyfriend still. And I talked to you like we were going to be together and you still made me laugh and smile like you did when we first met.

As the year progressed we would flirt a lot, and without regret I'd flirt back. Knowing I had a boyfriend, I didn't care. And the best part of it was our 8th period clas together where we'd smile and laugh at each other while the lesson was being taught because our seats faced each other. And I liked it. And you.

And then the summer came, and I had my birthday and even though you showed up at like 10:30, you still showed up. Which made all the more difference. You were a good guy. So thank you.

And then after you found out about all the troubles, you'd come over at night and sit with me on my porch swing talking about life, and friends, and how funny things were. Or we'd lay in my driveway watching the stars, and making wishes on them. Well at least, I made wishes on them. And one experiment with a kiss, which led to a night full of kissing, was all we needed to show us that we needed each other.

So we went to Beth Run and you asked me out in the freezing cold water, and we had the greatest time.

And the party at our friend's house where we layed on the trampoline all night cuddling and kissing and when I said I love you. You didn't say it back but I know you wanted to. And when you sent Jay to get me cookies because I started shaking because of my low blood sugar and almost passed out you still layed with me until he came back. And then you brought me home at 4:30 in the morning because you cared.

So at night we'd go out on the quad and go to the cabin and sit with people and laugh, or we'd just stay at my house and talk like always. And I'll never forget the night you came over to get me, and we went to the Cabin, and we got caught so you told me to hide under the bed and cover up and be really quiet. And then we had to sneak me back out of the cabin and get back to my house as quick as we could. Haha. And all we wanted the most from that night was to be with each other.

And the night we went night swimming and hid in the dark side of the pool so we could kiss and then fireworks started going off over the hill and I told you I really did love you, and you said it back for the first time.

And then you went with me to Hershey to find out if I was going to be okay or if I needed surgery or medications. And you sat in the waiting room with me reading Dr. Suess books and the Oprah Magazine. And we sat and laughed at the funny sayings in the magazine and at the life-size statue of Spiderman. I know you wanted to go hug him.

And then when we got McDonald's. There was gum on the carpet and when I stepped in it you cleaned if off while laughing. It seemed to be a whole stream of clumsiness because then I knocked my food into my seat.And when I made you wear my shirt instead of your long sleeve one because I had hit my Coke. But all that mattered that day, was that we were going to be together, holding hands, and listening to our favorite bands and having a good time. And the best was when we layed in the grass after about four hours of music just kissing and laughing about nothing in particular.

And the nights you would come over and watch Andy Milonakis with me or we'd lay on my couch in the basement just staring at each other. I knew right then that I wanted to stay there in your arms for forever, get lost in the scent of your wintergreen and cologne. When night came, you showed up to make up for the fight we had over something so stupid I don't even recall what it was. I did know that after you apologized, I invited you in. We went down to the basement but we did more than just cuddle.

I won't forget any of that. Because you are going to be a part of me forever. And even if I don't get the chance to be with you again, I know that we had something that was special. And I'll love you always.

But if you ever come across this, and feel the way I'm feeling now, I hope you don't keep it to yourself. I will never hate you or be mad at you for anything. Even after all this.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:17 am
Sam says...

This is really cool

a) because a lot of people really get what you're saying and

b) it's realistic.

No 'I'll drop my boyfriend and make out with you the first time I see your face' junk that's so common.

' I felt that warmth again. That home feeling.'

I would change that to just 'that home feeling'. You got a nice rhythm from it, but it's repetitive. So either get rid of it or find some way to change it.

Other than that, it just plain rocked. :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:29 am
mystical*dragons says...

wow...this is a great story...you relayed the feelings so perfectly...it was just...PERFECT! :)

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:28 pm
Mackdaddy77 says...

Pretty Good.

Always write the way you think and not the way others do.
Writing can be used as the expression of your heart, mind, and soul, if used right. -Micah Hurst

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 pm
brandenwallace says...

The emotions were good. I don't much care for the style of writing (sounds more like a letter) but that doesn't keep it from being really good.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:13 pm
Dreamgirl says...

I liked this a lot. It's really sad, and you can see how much you lovedd him. Some things confused me because I had no idea what you were talking about. But I thought that was cool because love has a lot of secrets, and things no one else knows about but you and the preson your in love with. Great job!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:54 pm
Sophie says...

At first I thought "Oh god..."
Then I thought "No wait, actually this ain't half bad"
But in the end I felt slightly dissapointed in the way that there was no twist, no point. It's a beautiful sweet piece, but there's something missing.

Ps. You sure it's not true? It's rather real.
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:38 pm
Emma says...

That is really sweet. It is kind of different to what I normally read - But it is so perfect.

Nice.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm
Whiterose24 says...

LOVED IT!!!!!!! :D :D
It was so sweet. very real though! :)
I hope life isn't a joke, because I don't get it.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 am
ElizabethFiction says...

I just love how real this story is because it shows how nerve wracking yet how exciting it is to fall in love. You're an amazing writer... Now I feel all warm and fuzzy lol :)

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 am
ShadowPrincess16 says...

Wow I just realized how truly long it has been since I have reviewed so I am going to give you the best one I have.
First off I loved this. Not liked it, not enjoyed it, I loved it. As I was reading it I found myself remembering the first guy I ever truly fell in love with. It sounded kind of like a letter that you were writing to this person which is what I loved the most about it.
All in all, you are an amazing writer. Keep writing you're going to make it fun this time.
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau