z

Young Writers Society

He trusts me

Random avatar

Reviews: 100
Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 am
NaRachel says...

This is a bit of a sequel to "I miss him" but you don't have to have read that to understand this. If you have read the first part then you're probably hating me for slowly dragging out the information (mwa haha) Thanks for reading :)

He trusts me. Or at least he trusted me. But technically, as I have given him no reason to stop trusting me, he must still trust me. Right? Is trust strong enough to re-build a friendship? I know the answer already, but I’m not going to extinguish my own flame, no matter how pitifully it flickers. As much as I can try to deny it, it is hope that keeps it thriving- defeat for me is only a short-lived form of self-pity. Pity, really. That’s what this whole thing is, a pity. But as I remember what he told me I realise that what we had- if anything- was trust.

I don’t usually tell people this but I will to put things in perspective. Once I was in a relationship where…

Poor thing. Stupid me. I’d approached the situation with sympathy, telling him it wasn’t his fault. And he’d come up with the defensive one liner he always used “Its really not a big deal”. I wonder what he thinks of what has become of us. I don’t know about him but to me, it’s a very BIG deal. But luckily I’m big enough to wrap myself around it like an amoeba and engulf the whole thing so that the pain, which I’m slowly digesting, is only on the inside. Its not really pain anymore, I told him pain was temporary and I was right. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t leave marks. He wasn’t so clean of mark’s to begin with

that’s why I’m not as social as I used to be...

So what else can re-build a friendship? Understanding? He’s complicated, there are fragments of him scattered everywhere- bits that he’s forgotten or that he’s tossed aside; wanting to forget. And he always made me work to find them- only when he was that frustrated that he basically hated me would he explain, either that or he’d tell me to f#$ off but that’s besides the point. Persistency was my greatest downfall. I was so determined on my little quest, I couldn’t leave him alone to sit in the darkness and worry about him- I was selfish. But I’ve learnt my lesson; I promise I’m different now… please? I can beg all I want but no mixture of trust or understanding will form the glue to stick this mess back together. There are too many cracks, he was already damaged by the time I got there- all I did was add an extra chip, but for me it was my very first crack, the very first scar. And it runs across my whole-existence, out of my whole memory of this year there won’t be a part where the crack doesn’t run across and detract from the picture. So when you join cracks with cracks it doesn’t form a whole, the pieces don’t join together. Some people fill in each other’s cracks but I was never that person for him. I was so far away from that person that even friendship wasn’t a possibility. I could try to chisel down his imperfections but he would always resist- and besides, apart from in my dreams he never had the desire to help me.

So I guess I just wait.

Time will hopefully heal this- I have faith that time can heal almost anything. The dust will settle, the breeze will slowly blow it into the cracks that join us and fill them in. And then there’ll be a possible path I can take where I can walk on solid ground again. Hopefully he feels the same way, hopefully his hatred or anger or resent or whatever other confounded human emotion that he is feeling doesn’t cause him to keep re-digging the ruts so to keep me cut off forever. Then again hope is all I have to go by and it didn’t get me very far last time.
Last edited by NaRachel on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You grow, you grow like tornado
You grow from the inside
Destroy everything through
Destroy from the inside
Erupt like volcano
You flow from the inside
You kill everything through
You kill from the inside"

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 pm
dolwright says...

This is a well-written piece; except that it felt rushed; the paragraphing appeared too clustered, making it less enjoyable when reading.
It would do good to put more spacing between your thoughts, that way the plots would be more understandable.
You said this was a bit of a sequel to another piece and would still be understandable even without reading the former piece; well, I still did not get the message, or what trust issues lie between the two characters. But anyways, it's just my opinion. Good job.
'when I'm gone, my words will remain...
your word is a weapon, either of destruction or re-construction, whatever you make of it,
It's your choice.'

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 pm
Priceless says...

Hi there!
Once I was in a relationship where… Poor thing. Stupid me. I’d approached the situation with sympathy, telling him it wasn’t his fault. And he’d come up with the defensive one liner he always used “Its really not a big deal”. I

I didn't understand this line. 'Once I was in a relationship where..' and then? Why does it just go to 'Poor thing. Stupid me.'? I don't get it, so it kinda took away from the piece. Also, you need to break it up into paragraphs because like dolwright said, it was clustered and it kinda made it hard to read.
Otherwise, it was beautiful. :) Very well-written. Good job!
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

Random avatar

Reviews: 100
Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:03 am
NaRachel says...

Just realised i completely forgot to put in the italics- no wonder it didn't make sense! Thanks for pointing this out to me :) I added some more breaks too.
"You grow, you grow like tornado
You grow from the inside
Destroy everything through
Destroy from the inside
Erupt like volcano
You flow from the inside
You kill everything through
You kill from the inside"

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

This one's a lot better than the last one. I was so mesmerized in this little short story. Although it was mostly a description of how the character feels, it was still very well written. I enjoyed reading it.

I want to read more of your work so I'm looking forward to more interesting posts. keep writing is all I can say... :)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou