z

Young Writers Society

The Inquistive Heart (a few dialogues from it)

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 pm
Upile says...

Sorry these are merely snippets of the main couple, Vascom and Adrianna, I've written the rest of the script but if you like this then I'll post the rest. It is a love-hate relationship as per usual and it is really close to my soul. I'll explain whenever there is need. Enjoy!

(the first time they met, at a ball. Precious is Adrianna's cousin)
Precious: that is the Duke Cyprus and the Governor Plato and their madams.
Adriana: what an amazing view, I have never witnessed women who can keep their noses so high in the air for so long. Only if their hearts glimmered like their gowns.
Precious: ssshh. You could be heard.
Vascom: Greetings Sir Precious, how wonderful to see you.
Precious: Count Vascom, good evening. I must introduce you to my dear cousin Adriana. She has recently joined the town of Velga.
Vascom: welcome. I am honored yet due does not allow me commodities such as time, dance and converse. Sir Precious we shall hope you and your cousin are present at the Count Phoenix’s inauguration.
Precious: yes of course. We will be honored , thank you.
Vascom: Pleasure is mine. Good dance my lady.
Adriana: good evening.

(a conversation about the Inquisitive Heart)
Adriana: The inquisitive heart, the one that always ask why, how, when, who and where. The heart that won’t let reality make a wall around its dreams. If you know of that Mr. Vascom then you are truly unique.
Vascom: You never seize to catch me at my weakest of points with such surprises in your manner. The inquisitive heart, is that yours? For my lady your heart is restless.
Adriana: how be it that my heart is restless and has a melancholy call?
Vascom: The times have gone where you could smile regardless of the weather and time. That is long gone.
Adriana: Do you find splendor in spying on me? Your eyes must be as sharp as your tongue. For if I wear the slightest frown I am the peculiar Mona-Lisa. You Mr. Vascom are the restless one for you do not seize to inquire after my happiness and my ability to smile.
Vascom: My lady you mentioned a melancholy call from your heart. I swear I have heard it many nights over and louder and louder it gets. I only hope you can trust me to silence it.

( a convo)
Vascom: my lady you easily forget I am a man of many talents.
Adriana: I do not understand why interrupting my business is one of them. Are talents about curiosity or excellence? Your snoopiness isn’t at all pleasing; in fact I am quite angered by it.
Vascom: My lady, please, if it weren’t for curiosity excellence wouldn’t be achieved.
Adriana: Amongst many mockers I fear you most of all for your tongue is no different of that of a lunatic. Excuse me.
Vascom:[ whispering] lady I see beyond your rudeness clearly you need my help. I will find the most pleasure in simply helping you ease your predicament.
[ Adriana loosens his grip on her arm and walks out]

(Adrianna goes to see Vascom about a serious matter)
Vascom: Heavens! Is it truly her ladyship Adriana visiting my abode? To what do I owe this great pleasure?
Adriana: humor yourself not. I would only pay visit to you in time of desperation but if it was desperation in matters of love I would much rather converse with a rat.
Vascom: you are such an amusing character. I pray you tell me your secret to being both completely beautiful and sore-mouthed?
Adriana: excuse my harshness. I have no time for flattery or meaningless charm. I come for a serious matter.
Vascom: excuse your companion my dearest Hannah, good day my lady. How are you in this new sun?
Hannah: I am quite well thank you sir.
Adriana: I try to never ask favours but when the ruling of my land is concerned I am almost on my knees begging for favours.
Vascom: speak.
Adriana: you sir are a great companion to Phoenix. I pray you confront him and plead that he tells his father that he has forgiven Deidra. Then beg that his father speak to Plato. I beg of you Vascom, it is for the sake of our land that the two meet eye to eye.

(a conversation)
Adriana: my cousin, Precious, thinks highly of you.
Vascom: Good to know, and you?
Adriana: He adores me, of course my cousin truly does enjoy my company
Vascom: excuse my confusion. My question was, what do you think of me?
Adriana: you cannot judge a man you do not know, I beg you excuse me from having to express highly prejudicial comments.

(another conversation)
Adriana: What is love if an element of deceit is absent? And this angelic love you speak of is crowned with disappoint, rage, torment, struggle and is not truthful.
Vascom: Never had I expected you to be this cynical
Adriana: Your assumptions are irrelevant, and quite disparaging how you sat down in your place of solitude and drafted my character before we were well acquainted.
Vascom: And your tongue easily angered. I am surprised.
Adriana: Please spare me your mockery for I did not make this journey for it. Perhaps you can schedule tea and have you air all my shocking attributes. I am here on behalf of Hannah.
Vascom: yes lady Hannah. She fair-faced and gentle-hearted. Prince Lucas is truly drawn by her.
Adriana: is he? Then explain to me why he trifles with her heart by gallivanting the town with every merry lady? Has he no decency or pity for dear Hannah’s heart?
Vascom: He cannot help it. The King has ordered him to look for a wife. The king will not be satisfied unless he is convinced the prince has met every lady.

(at a party)
Vascom: You look lovely tonight. Your attire mellows your eyes; your beauty melts my soul.
Adriana: save your flattering for Shakespeare for none has understood the moon of a loving heart than he.
Vascom: Do you deny my forwards and question my emotions?
Adriana: You mention too many emotions which do I cater to?
Vascom: Many a moon I expose my true love for you, my true yarn for you. With new day comes new love for you.
Adriana: Do not get carried away sir Vascom. Do not lose your hat to emotion. It shall devour you and swallow your merry heart. Be not a slave to love. Love is bitter.
Vascom: Love is blind.
Adriana: Love is emotion that sinks the mind.
Vascom: Am I in the presence of a grand poetess?
Adriana: I have shown no talent in couture so I must excel in something. I pray, fancying the art of literature is better than any fashion. In fact I was not fashioned for fashion.
Vascom: Hurrah young lady, you make me foolish with laughter.

(a conversation between the two)
Adriana:I choose not to get myself tangled in the fortress of love, despair and agony nor swim in the dark sea of hatred and love. It is not my journey to endure. Love is not my area of interest. For if you speak of it so freely it may never meet you.
Vascom: is that what you believe? Are not you ever surrounded by suitors or men who find you enticing? Do not you have promise in love?
Adriana: suitors may come in their plentiful but if they choose I cannot make my choice on a non-existent emotion.
Vascom: and your choice is made by what madam?
Adriana: character sir.
Vascom: expand, I find splendour in hearing your theories.
Adriana: If the man is kind, humorous, considerate and witty. I cannot stand a man of conceit nor one of insecurity. I find greed unbearable and a man too flirtatious untrustworthy. He must be candid and know when to do what.

(Vascom's best friend, Prince Lucas has locked him up in the cell for his own good. Here he is hoping Adrianna returns)
Vascom: I wish on each star in the galaxy at night that my Adriana will return. I pray on each god that I shall see her face once more. I plead and beg but never does she appear. I cry and sigh but never does she appear. My heart is sore, my spirit is defeated. I love for a distance yet it is the strongest love I have ever felt. Will she ever appear again to end all this pain?
Adriana: Perhaps your service has repaid you and the gods have smiled upon you. Perhaps cupid no longer bares a frown.
Vascom: is it truly you my love? Is it the Adriana I see in dream and day-dream? Is it really you?
Adriana: Oh Prince Lucas, I am unsure. Is this truly me?
Prince Lucas: Dear Adriana you have tortured this fellow quite enough. I must jail you both at once until all hatchets are buried.
Adriana: Our very own Prince makes convicts of us. This is jocular!

Jail Cell
Vascom: You left me so sudden and as sudden the only love I knew had disappeared. It made no sense and from me came no sense, I became a different man without you.
Adriana: That is quite obvious for you were ready to wed Deidra, surly you were not the sensible man I once knew.
Vascom: Yes, Deidra. At first I was longing for you to return so I presumed if you heard I was to wed her you would surly come running if not to save our love then to save my dignity. And the letter you sent me wasn’t what I had expected. It was obvious you would never return.
Adriana: How cunning, you were ready to put the feeling of a reckless girl on the line to have me return? You were to break a heart to restore your own broken heart. How selfish!
Vascom: Yes selfish, repulsive, spiteful, stupid and oh so many more things. But I have been under your spell of love since I first saw you. I was ready to hurt anyone, just to have you. I am not proud of what I was to do but I am happy as long as it brought you back to me. I cannot change what has been done but I know I live life only for one purpose since you came into my life, that is you. Every day I wake, every breath I take is for you, living for you is loving you.
Adriana: and though you are clearly insane I am ready, for so long I have denied myself the chance to love on fear of losing you. I fear that one day you will be but a memory. But now I know I would rather have you as a memory than a regret.
Vascom: shall we scream to be let free?
Adriana: the truest of loves could go behind bars and survive. My mother will be upset that I chose to fall in love with a jailbird.
Prince Lucas: for the sake of love I must let you free or I shall fall ill from hearing you two exchange such lovesick words.
Vascom: Not quite my friend. Your happy-ending is imminent. Come let us rush, I would love to dance with my lady.

(from this you can tell that the script is very long, but you romance junkies will really enjoy the script. It is about a lot of things, Love, Betrayal, Forgiveness, Friendship, so many things, so if you love it say so and I'll put up the rest.Enjoy!)

“You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.”

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:40 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Upile wrote:Sorry these are merely snippets of the main couple, Vascom and Adrianna, I've written the rest of the script but if you like this then I'll post the rest. It is a love-hate relationship as per usual and it is really close to my soul. I'll explain whenever there is need. Enjoy!

(the first time they met, at a ball. Precious is Adrianna's cousin)
Precious: that is the Duke Cyprus and the Governor Plato and their madams.
Adriana: what an amazing view, I have never witnessed women who can keep their noses so high in the air for so long. Only if their hearts glimmered like their gowns.
Precious: ssshhSsh. You could be heard.
Vascom: Greetings Sir Precious, how wonderful to see you.
Precious: Count Vascom, good evening. I must introduce you to my dear cousin Adriana. She has recently joined the town of Velga.
Vascom: welcome. I am honored yet due does not allow me commodities such as time, dance and converse. Sir Precious we shall hope you and your cousin are present at the Count Phoenix’s inauguration.
Precious: yYes of course. We will be honored, thank you.
Vascom: Pleasure is mine. Good dance Good day? my lady.
Adriana: good evening.

(a conversation about the Inquisitive Heart)

Adriana: The inquisitive heart, the one that always ask why, how, when, who and where. The heart that won’t let reality make a wall around its dreams. If you know of that, Mr. Vascom, then you are truly unique.
Vascom: You never seize to catch me at my weakest of points with such surprises in your manner. The inquisitive heart, is that yours? For my lady, your heart is restless.
Adriana: how be it that my heart is restless and has a melancholy call?
Vascom: The times have gone where you could smile regardless of the weather and time. That is long gone.
Adriana: Do you find splendor in spying on me? Your eyes must be as sharp as your tongue. For if I wear the slightest frown I am the peculiar Mona-Lisa. You, Mr. Vascom, are the restless one, for you do not seize to inquire after my happiness and my ability to smile.
Vascom: My lady, you mentioned a melancholy call from your heart. I swear I have heard it many nights over and louder and louder it gets. I only hope you can trust me to silence it.

( a convoconvoy?)
Vascom: mMy lady, you easily forget I am a man of many talents.
Adriana: I do not understand why interrupting my business is one of them. Are talents about curiosity or excellence? Your snoopinessNot a word- try 'spying abilities' isn’t at all pleasing; in fact I am quite angered by it.
Vascom: My lady, please, if it weren’t for curiosity excellence wouldn’t be achieved.
Adriana: Amongst many mockers I fear you most of all for your tongue is no different of that of a lunatic. Excuse me.
Vascom:[ whispering] lady I see beyond your rudeness clearly you need my help. I will find the most pleasure in simply helping you ease your predicament.
[ Adriana loosens his grip on her arm and walks out]

(Adrianna goes to see Vascom about a serious matter)
Vascom: Heavens! Is it truly her ladyship Adriana visiting my abode? To what do I owe this great pleasure?
Adriana: hHumor yourself not. I would only pay visit to you in time of desperation but if it was desperation in matters of love I would much rather converse with a rat.?????
Vascom: yYou are such an amusing character. I pray you tell me your secret to being both completely beautiful and sore-mouthed?
Adriana: eExcuse my harshness. I have no time for flattery or meaningless charm. I come for a serious matter.
Vascom: eExcuse your companion, my dearest Hannah,. gGood day my lady. How are you in this new sun?
Hannah: I am quite well thank you sir.
Adriana: I try to never ask favoursfavors but when the ruling of my land is concerned I am almost on my knees begging for favoursfavors.
Vascom: sSpeak.
Adriana: yYou, sir, are a great companion to Phoenix. I pray you confront him and plead that he tells his father that he has forgiven Deidra. Then beg that his father speak to Plato. I beg of you Vascom, it is for the sake of our land that the two meet eye to eye.

(a conversation)
Adriana: mMy cousin, Precious, thinks highly of you.
Vascom: Good to know, and you?
Adriana: He adores me, of course my cousin truly does enjoy my company
Vascom: eExcuse my confusion. My question was, what do you think of me?
Adriana: yYou cannot judge a man you do not know, I beg you excuse me from having to express highly prejudicial comments.

(another conversation)
Adriana: What is love if an element of deceit is absent? And this angelic love you speak of is crowned with disappoint, rage, torment, struggle and is not truthful.<3 This part!
Vascom: Never had I expected you to be this cynical.
Adriana: Your assumptions are irrelevant, and quite disparaging how you sat down in your place of solitude and drafted my character before we were well acquainted.
Vascom: And your tongue easily angered. I am surprised.
Adriana: Please spare me your mockery for I did not make this journey for it. Perhaps you can schedule tea and have you air all my shocking attributes. I am here on behalf of Hannah.
Vascom: yYes, lady Hannah. She fair-faced and gentle-heartedNot a word- try 'and has a gentle heart' . Prince Lucas is truly drawn by her.
Adriana: iIs he? Then explain to me why he trifles with her heart by gallivanting the town with every merry lady? Has he no decency or pity for dear Hannah’s heart?
Vascom: He cannot help it. The King has ordered him to look for a wife. The king will not be satisfied unless he is convinced the prince has met every lady.

(at a party)
Vascom: You look lovely tonight. Your attire mellows your eyes; your beauty melts my soul.
Adriana: sSave your flattering for Shakespeare, for none has understood the moon of a loving heart than he.
Vascom: Do you deny my forwards and question my emotions?
Adriana: You mention too many emotions which do I cater to?
Vascom: Many a moon I expose my true love for you, my true yarn for you. With new day comes new love for you.
Adriana: Do not get carried away, sir Vascom. Do not lose your hat to emotion. It shall devour you and swallow your merry heart. Be not a slave to love. Love is bitter.
Vascom: Love is blind.
Adriana: Love is emotion that sinks the mind.
Vascom: Am I in the presence of a grand poetess?
Adriana: I have shown no talent in couture so I must excel in something. I pray, fancying the art of literature is better than any fashion. In fact I was not fashioned for fashion.
Vascom: Hurrah, young lady, you make me foolish with laughter.

(a conversation between the two)
Adriana:I choose not to get myself tangled in the fortress of love, despair and agony nor swim in the dark sea of hatred and love. It is not my journey to endure. Love is not my area of interest. For if you speak of it so freely it may never meet you.
Vascom: iIs that what you believe? Are not you ever surrounded by suitors or men who find you enticing? Do not you have promise in love?
Adriana: sSuitors may come in their plentiful but if they choose I cannot make my choice on a non-existent emotion.
Vascom: aAnd your choice is made by what madam?
Adriana: cCharacter, sir.
Vascom: eExpand, I find splendoursplendorin hearing your theories.
Adriana: If the man is kind, humorous, considerate and witty????. I cannot stand a man of conceit nor one of insecurity. I find greed unbearable and a man too flirtatious untrustworthy. He must be candid and know when to do what.

(Vascom's best friend, Prince Lucas has locked him up in the cell for his own good. Here he is hoping Adrianna returns)
Vascom: I wish on each star in the galaxy at night that my Adriana will return. I pray on each god that I shall see her face once more. I plead and beg but never does she appear. I cry and sigh but never does she appear. My heart is sore, my spirit is defeated. I love for a distance yet it is the strongest love I have ever felt. Will she ever appear again to end all this pain?<3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!
Adriana: Perhaps your service has repaid you and the gods have smiled upon you. Perhaps cupid no longer bares a frown.
Vascom: iIs it truly you, my love? Is it the Adriana I see in dream and day-dream? Is it really you?
Adriana: Oh Prince Lucas, I am unsure. Is this truly me?
Prince Lucas: Dear Adriana you have tortured this fellow quite enough. I must jail you both at once until all hatchets are buried.
Adriana: Our very own Prince makes convicts of us. This is jocular!

Jail Cell
Vascom: You left me so sudden and as sudden the only love I knew had disappeared. It made no sense and from me came no sense, I became a different man without you.
Adriana: That is quite obvious for you were ready to wed Deidra, surly you were not the sensible man I once knew.
Vascom: Yes, Deidra. At first I was longing for you to return so I presumed if you heard I was to wed her you would surly come running if not to save our love then to save my dignity. And the letter you sent me wasn’t what I had expected. It was obvious you would never return.
Adriana: How cunning, you were ready to put the feeling of a reckless girl on the line to have me return? You were to break a heart to restore your own broken heart. How selfish!
Vascom: Yes selfish, repulsive, spiteful, stupid and oh so many more things. But I have been under your spell of love since I first saw you. I was ready to hurt anyone, just to have you. I am not proud of what I was to do but I am happy as long as it brought you back to me. I cannot change what has been done but I know I live life only for one purpose since you came into my life, that is you. Every day I wake, every breath I take is for you, living for you is loving you.
Adriana: aAnd though you are clearly insane I am ready, for so long I have denied myself the chance to love on fear of losing you. I fear that one day you will be but a memory. But now I know I would rather have you as a memory than a regret.
Vascom: sShall we scream to be let free?
Adriana: tThe truest of loves could go behind bars and survive. My mother will be upset that I chose to fall in love with a jailbird.
Prince Lucas: fFor the sake of love I must let you free or I shall fall ill from hearing you two exchange such lovesick words.
Vascom: Not quite my friend. Your happy-ending is imminent. Come, let us rush, I would love to dance with my lady.

(from this you can tell that the script is very long, but you romance junkies will really enjoy the script. It is about a lot of things, Love, Betrayal, Forgiveness, Friendship, so many things, so if you love it say so and I'll put up the rest.Enjoy!)

“You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you
do not want to feel.”
<3 <3 <3 <3!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb